The Daily Book of Art
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Daily Book of Art
By Colin Gilbert, Dylan Gilbert, Elizabeth T. Gilbert, Gabriel Guzman, Rebecca J. Razo, Sharon Robinson, Amy Runyen, and David J. Schmidt
Gifted by Walter Foster
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
One of my absolute favorite things to do when I got home from school was to watch Bob Ross paint. I loved how effortless it looked, how easy he was able to create “happy little trees” with a quick and simple brush stroke.
However easy it may have seemed, I just could not get the hang of painting. I took art classes in school, but for whatever reason, it just wasn’t for me. In an act of frustration, I left my painting aspirations behind and moved on to other things.
But when I dove into The Daily Book of Art, I couldn’t wait to get back behind a canvas. This collection of 365 readings will not only teach you helpful hints, tips, and little known facts about art, famous artists, and famous paintings, but it will inspire you, entertain you. This book is the cure to creative block…and with 365 captivating readings, you can literally learn something new every day!
I just so happened to open the book to day 190, which ironically was a lesson in how to draw my favorite animal, the giraffe. Artist Eileen Sorg teaches you how to create a black and white outline, shade in with a base color, and add shadows and depth to make your picture come alive.
The Daily Book of Art is a great book to have on your nightstand. Read one lesson every day and you’ll soon find yourself more willing, more able, more inspired to create.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Jim Shore Angel Coloring Book Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- Top Down Sweaters
- Needle Felting from Basics to Bears Review
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Color-by-Number: Animals Review
- 10 Minute Blocks 2
- Adult Coloring Book Treasury Review
- Knits for Nerds
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor
- Blushing Peony DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Color Blocked DIY Christmas Trees
- Easy Beaded DIY Christmas Garland
- Julie Shawl Crochet Pattern
- DIY Fall Wreath
- DIY Halloween Spiders Tutorial