Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing
By Carol Zentgraf
Gifted by Creative Publishing International
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, FaveCrafts Editor
Looking for some new sewing challenges? Are you bored with the same old same old? Well, if you've conquered the ABC's of sewing and are looking for a new challenge, it's time you start playing around with embellishments! Spur your sewing machine to its full potential with Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing. Filled with great tutorials and projects to help you practice decorative stitching, applique, fabric manipulation, and trim applications, this book is a must-have for sewing enthusiasts.
Author Carol Zentgraf guides you through a variety of techniques with step-by-step instructions and lovely full-color photographs. There are also 15 projects to help you practice these skills, so you have lots of choices to help you practice free-motion stitching, bobbin work, decorative machine stitches, and a variety of other sewing techniques.
I loved the chapter on decorative stitching. Even though it's one of the easiest techniques to master, you won't believe all the fun designs you can make by changing the setting on your sewing machine. And one of my favorite projects in the book, The Raw Edge Applique Pillow, is great for practicing your applique skills, as well as free-motion stitching, which may seem intimidating, but is actually quite easy and fun!
The Trim Time chapter is also great because it teaches you how to add a little something special to items you may already have, like pillows, jackets, and tee shirts. For those who like to upcycle and recycle, Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing is a great book to add to your collection for great project ideas and inspiration.
Great for learning how to jazz up your projects or even if you're just looking for some new sewing challenges to explore with your sewing machine, Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing is a great book for sewing fans of all skill levels. With tutorials and helpful suggestions on how to add trims to fabric, create raised effects with trapunto, add or remove color, and embellish with buttons and zippers, Embellishments for Adventurous Sewing will completely tranform the way you look at your next sewing project!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Jim Shore Angel Coloring Book Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- Top Down Sweaters
- Needle Felting from Basics to Bears Review
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Color-by-Number: Animals Review
- 10 Minute Blocks 2
- Adult Coloring Book Treasury Review
- Knits for Nerds
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor
- Blushing Peony DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Color Blocked DIY Christmas Trees
- Easy Beaded DIY Christmas Garland
- Julie Shawl Crochet Pattern
- DIY Fall Wreath
- DIY Halloween Spiders Tutorial