Liven up your living room or back yard with this sweet Country Sunflower Pillow from I Love to Create. This decorative pillow is perfect for adding a touch of summer to your decor, and it looks even better when combined with similar pillows! Pour yourself a glass of lemonade and make this fun DIY pillow craft!
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Tulip® Disappearing Ink Pen™
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™ (300 Multi-color Pack)
- 16” pillow form
- (2) Blue calico 17” x 17” squares
- Various yellow calico fabrics – 1/4 yard (1 1/2” wide strips of each fabric)
- Sewing machine with matching thread
- Brown calico fabric – 1/8 yard
- Needle and thread
- Pinking shears
- Sold green cotton fabric
- Sew 5/8” seam with right sides of blue calico fabric together around edges, leaving an opening to insert pillow form. Turn right side out and insert pillow form. Use needle and thread to hand sew closed.
- Use pinking shears to cut brown and yellow calico fabrics into 1½” strips with pinking shears. Gather strips on one side (a gathering foot on the sewing machine makes this job a breeze).
- Use the Tulip® Disappearing Ink Pen to draw a 6” circle in the center of front side of pillow as a base circle for your flower.
- Working first from the outside of the circle to the center, use Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® to adhere the biggest circle of ruffled fabric. Continue adding ruffled fabric circles, overlapping each layer of ruffles to hide the glued edge. Let dry.
- Cut green fabric into two identical leaf shapes.
- Lay green fabric leaves on top of one another and use sewing machine to gather stitch leaves together.
- Use Fabric Fusion® to adhere gathered leaf to pillow. Let dry.
- Use Tulip® Cordless Heat-Setting Tool to add crystals on flower and leaf where desired.