11 Ways to Make Newspaper Beads
By: Karisa Tell, Editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
For homemade jewelry that you can truly call homemade, try making your own beads! Newspaper beads are free to make, as long as you have a newspaper subscription (or know someone who does), and the technique is a lot easier than you'd think. Making newspaper beads is easy enough to do as a girl scout or summer camp activity, but the results are beautiful enough for fashionable women to wear with pride. If you're looking for handmade jewelry ideas that won't break the bank, consider making rolled paper beads from newspaper, paper bags, old magazines, and other recycled paper.
11 Ways to Make Newspaper Beads
Table of Contents
Learning a new technique, however easy it is, can be a bit difficult at first. Even something as easy as making newspaper beads can benefit from a visual aide! That's why we have these beginner technique videos that will also give you new jewelry making ideas. Once you learn the basics of making newspaper beads, you'll be able to use free beading patterns with handmade beads instead of expensive store bought ones.
- Elastic Paper Bead Bracelet: Janice Mae of Aubrey's Beads demonstrates how to make an elastic bracelet with rolled paper beads in this craft video. This jewelry technique is a great way to use homemade or store-bought paper beads to create a comfortable bracelet.
- Rolled Paper Beads: Watch as Janice demonstrates another way to create rolled paper beads with the help of a metal bamboo roller. Use strips of scraps papers in various colors to create beautiful paper beads.
- Metal Bamboo Roller: Learn how to make round paper beads with a metal bamboo roller. You can use recycled papers to make the beads, such as catalogs, calendars or junk mail.
Here are some fun beading patterns to try with your newspaper beads. Once you get the hang of making them, you'll want to graduate to more intricate beaded bracelet patterns and more. These tutorials show you just how versatile newspaper beads can be.
- Retro 80s Paper Bead Jewelry: Go a little retro with these fun and funky beads made of paper stamped with Castaway, strung to create a neat little tie-on choker, from Jacquard Products.
- Wire Wrapped Paper Beads: No need to spend tons of money on decorative beads--with this Wire Wrapped Paper Beads tutorial, you can easily create unique beads for jewelry making with materials you probably have already. This is a great way to use up paper scraps from paper you love too much to part with! Create unique jewelry pieces for you and all your loved ones with this easy to follow jewelry tutorial.
We collected a bunch of beginner tutorials for you, all about how to create beads from paper. Newspaper beads are just as sturdy as store bought beads, and you can have complete creative control by altering the look of your paper using one of the processes listed below. You can save so much money by using newspaper beads and free bead patterns.
- Recycled Paper Bag Bracelet: Make paper beads from recycled paper bags and use them to make pretty bracelets. Learn how to make friendship bracelets while making paper beads with this craft tutorial!
- Recycled Newspaper Beads: Grab a few newspapers before they make it to the bin or recycling basket. Try a couple different papers for different colors. The Sunday comics might be interesting!
- How to Make Paper Beads: Making paper beads is a great green craft that's fun for all ages. Make a variety of beads and then start making some jewelry! Paper beads are also excellent embellishments for your other paper crafts.
- Rolled Paper Beads: Rolled paper beads are a great way to recycle all that junk mail we receive on a daily basis and create some, beautiful handmade jewelry.
- Beautiful Paper Beads: These Beautiful Paper Beads are a great way to use up old magazines. With this easy to follow tutorial, making paper beads is a piece of cake! Use them on a necklace, earrings, or bracelets.
- Unbelievably Easy Paper Beads: Check out these incredibly simple paper bead instructions! Unbelievably Easy Paper Beads are the way to go if you've always wanted to make your own beads or needed a bead in a specific color but couldn't find it. They come out perfectly adorable too!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 126 Free Beading Patterns
- "Beautiful Beads: 45 Beading Craft Projects" eBook
- Byzantine Beaded Chain Maille Bracelet
- Easy Beaded Bracelets
- 11 Ways to Make Newspaper Beads
- Rolled Scrapbook Paper Beads
- Plaited Spiral Graduated Necklace
- Unbelievably Easy Paper Beads
- Beautiful Paper Beads
- Bangle Bracelet
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie