President's Day Provides Opportunities
February 16, 2009 Northbrook, Ill.— During early development, arts and crafts are extremely important for young children. Research shows that art expression develops brain capacity in early childhood and engages children’s senses in open-ended play, developing cognitive, social-emotional and multi-sensory skills.
Quickly approaching, President’s Day provides an excellent opportunity for children to express creative and artistic ability, while learning important lessons about our President, the government and our nation’s history. In addition to helping children express their creativity, President’s Day Arts and Crafts allow teachers to impart essential information in a fun way. Studies show that many of today’s high school students can’t name the Vice President, don’t know what Congress does and cannot find the United States on a map. Educational President’s Day craft projects provide an opportunity for teachers to explain these ideas in a participatory way that allows children to interact with the information and concepts they are being taught.
Children who participate in arts and crafts feel positive about their work when they are able to create something they like and enjoy, so encourage children to be creative and use their own personal style in creating President’s Day and patriotic crafts. Participating in the arts also encourages children to be flexible, develops concentration and the ability to interact with other children, including how to wait their turn. Children who are artistically active develop confidence in their abilities and are at ease with their creative nature.
FaveCrafts.com has created a resource center for Parents and Teachers. The resource center has President’s Day craft ideas and lessons. The resource center is located at http://www.favecrafts.com/Holiday-Craft/Patriotic-Homemade-Crafts-Facts-and-Videos-for-Presidents-Day.
For additional information on President’s Day crafts suitable for children, please contact FaveCrafts.com Editor Mindy Yahr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
Mindy Yahr, Editor
- Baby Hoodie Knitting Pattern
- 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns
- Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets
- Dollar Store Dresser Makeover
- Victorian House No Sew Quilt
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Crocheted Ruffle Purse
- Crochet Ring Pattern
- 48 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Crafty Garden Fence
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Westcott Titanium Bonded Scissors
- Starburst Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern
- Easy Side Table Skirting Tutorial
- Thought Bubble Bulletin Board Design
- Valentine's Day Mini Dress Card
- Feather Heart and Valentine's Day DIY Photo Props
- You Are MINT to Be My Valentine
- Vintage Valentine's Day Decor
- Valentine's Day Sock Monkey Coffee Cozy Pattern
- Green Tree Handmade Cards