President's Day Provides Opportunities
February 16, 2009 Northbrook, Ill.— During early development, arts and crafts are extremely important for young children. Research shows that art expression develops brain capacity in early childhood and engages children’s senses in open-ended play, developing cognitive, social-emotional and multi-sensory skills.
Quickly approaching, President’s Day provides an excellent opportunity for children to express creative and artistic ability, while learning important lessons about our President, the government and our nation’s history. In addition to helping children express their creativity, President’s Day Arts and Crafts allow teachers to impart essential information in a fun way. Studies show that many of today’s high school students can’t name the Vice President, don’t know what Congress does and cannot find the United States on a map. Educational President’s Day craft projects provide an opportunity for teachers to explain these ideas in a participatory way that allows children to interact with the information and concepts they are being taught.
Children who participate in arts and crafts feel positive about their work when they are able to create something they like and enjoy, so encourage children to be creative and use their own personal style in creating President’s Day and patriotic crafts. Participating in the arts also encourages children to be flexible, develops concentration and the ability to interact with other children, including how to wait their turn. Children who are artistically active develop confidence in their abilities and are at ease with their creative nature.
FaveCrafts.com has created a resource center for Parents and Teachers. The resource center has President’s Day craft ideas and lessons. The resource center is located at http://www.favecrafts.com/Holiday-Craft/Patriotic-Homemade-Crafts-Facts-and-Videos-for-Presidents-Day.
For additional information on President’s Day crafts suitable for children, please contact FaveCrafts.com Editor Mindy Yahr at email@example.com.
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
Mindy Yahr, Editor
- 50+ Simple Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- 40+ Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 48 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Thanksgiving Turkey Knit Hat
- Fall Leaf Front Door Wreath
- 25 Mini Handmade Craft Ideas
- Vintage Snowman Ornament
- 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns
- Mini Knitting Tote
- Grandma's Knitted Slippers
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl
- DIY Tutorial Copper Cushion
- DIY Tutorial Tassel Lanyard
- Big Bang Adult Coloring Page
- Perfect Profile Adult Coloring Page
- Geometric Adult Coloring Page
- Big Eyed Owl Adult Coloring Page