President's Day Provides Opportunities
February 16, 2009 Northbrook, Ill.— During early development, arts and crafts are extremely important for young children. Research shows that art expression develops brain capacity in early childhood and engages children’s senses in open-ended play, developing cognitive, social-emotional and multi-sensory skills.
Quickly approaching, President’s Day provides an excellent opportunity for children to express creative and artistic ability, while learning important lessons about our President, the government and our nation’s history. In addition to helping children express their creativity, President’s Day Arts and Crafts allow teachers to impart essential information in a fun way. Studies show that many of today’s high school students can’t name the Vice President, don’t know what Congress does and cannot find the United States on a map. Educational President’s Day craft projects provide an opportunity for teachers to explain these ideas in a participatory way that allows children to interact with the information and concepts they are being taught.
Children who participate in arts and crafts feel positive about their work when they are able to create something they like and enjoy, so encourage children to be creative and use their own personal style in creating President’s Day and patriotic crafts. Participating in the arts also encourages children to be flexible, develops concentration and the ability to interact with other children, including how to wait their turn. Children who are artistically active develop confidence in their abilities and are at ease with their creative nature.
FaveCrafts.com has created a resource center for Parents and Teachers. The resource center has President’s Day craft ideas and lessons. The resource center is located at http://www.favecrafts.com/Holiday-Craft/Patriotic-Homemade-Crafts-Facts-and-Videos-for-Presidents-Day.
For additional information on President’s Day crafts suitable for children, please contact FaveCrafts.com Editor Mindy Yahr at email@example.com.
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
Mindy Yahr, Editor
- 100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques
- Unique Tampon Angel Christmas Ornament
- 24 Genius Crafting Tips from Our Readers
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Easy Beaded DIY Christmas Garland
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Baby's First Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Mini Red and White DIY Christmas Wreath
- Teardrop Christmas Ornaments
- Pringles Can Storage Container
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft
- Faux Fur DIY Wall Hangings
- Marquee Light DIY Desk Decor
- Blushing Peony DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Color Blocked DIY Christmas Trees
- Easy Beaded DIY Christmas Garland
- Julie Shawl Crochet Pattern
- DIY Fall Wreath
- DIY Halloween Spiders Tutorial