Liven up a child's chair with bright-colored animals for the budding zoologist in your life.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO10 - Cadmium Yellow (transparent)
- DAO36 - True Blue
- DAO55 - Kelly Green
- DAO65 - Dark Chocolate
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA265 - Tuscan Red
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS13 - Americana Matte Spray
- 1 in. flat brush
- 1/4 in. flat brush
- 3/8 in. round foam pouncer brush
- Lo-temp glue gun
- Pre-painted wood animal shapes by Lara's Crafts: giraffe, 20909; lion, 20927; elephant, 20907; zebra, 20931; monkey, 20920
- Unfinished wood chair by Dixie Seating
Preparation: It may be necessary to lightly sand rough areas of wood for smoother application of paint.
1. Refer to photo for placement. Paint chair posts Snow White and let dry.
2. Paint tops of posts Tuscan Red; let dry.
3. Paint seat and front and back rung under seat edge Cadmium Yellow. Let dry.
4. Paint upper slat and upper side rungs True Blue and let dry.
5. Paint lower back slat and lower rungs Kelly Green; let dry.
6. Paint uneven Lamp Black stripes on chair posts; let dry.
7. Use pouncer dipped in Dark Chocolate to dot on chair seat and let dry.
8. Referring to photo for placement and using glue gun, attach animals to front of back slats, with monkey glued on back side of slat between other animals.
9. Spray coat of Americana Matte Spray on chair and let dry.