Cool shades of acrylic paint and scrapbook paper combine to create a pretty perch with a monogrammed seat.
DecoArt Products Required
- DA253 - Pistachio Mint
- DA267 - Poodleskirt Pink
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
- 1in. flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- Aleene'ss Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- 12" x 12" sheet of thick scrapbook paper (We used Making Memories, item 27181, Brooke Paisley.)
- Hair dryer with low heat setting
- Letter pattern for monogram (We printed ours off computer at size of 5 1/2" high.)
- Unfinished wood stool by Dixie Seating
1. Refer to photo for placement and use Pistachio Mint to paint seat and legs of stool; let dry after each coat.
2. Paint side rungs of stool Poodleskirt Pink, allowing to dry after each coat.
3. Cut 10" circle from scrapbook paper. (We used dinner plate as template.)
4. Trace letter onto center of paper. Paint letter Pistachio Mint and use hair dryer on low heat setting to speed drying and avoid wrinkling.
5. Use even coat of glue to back of paper circle and quickly attach to center of stool seat, gently smoothing out any wrinkles. Use hair dryer on low heat setting, about 6" from stool seat, to speed drying of glue and avoid wrinkling of paper. Let glue dry completely before proceeding.
6. Apply coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer to top of stool seat; use hair dryer on low heat setting to speed drying and avoid wrinkling of paper. Repeat for second coat of sealer.
7. Apply Multi-Purpose Sealer to remainder of stool. Let dry.
It may be necessary to lightly sand rough areas of stool before painting for smoother application of paint.