Create a beautiful glittery dragonfly from Art Glitter. This can be used as a magnet, pin, or it can be attached to a card for a little added something. In only four easy steps you can have a great design.
- Fantasy Film color of choice, cut to three 4” x 3” layers
- Ultrafine Transparent Glitter: #149 Azure
- Ultrafine Opaque Glitter: #115 Heather, #112 Carnation
- Barbara's Large Dragonfly rubberstamp
- Baker’s parchment paper
- Permanent black ink pad
- Teflon coated Iron set to medium-high heat
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive with Ultrafine Metal Tip attached
- Ink dragonfly stamp with black ink. Set stamp on table with inked rubber side up. Place three layers of film gently on stamp surface. Without moving the film, cover it with a Teflon ironing cloth or baker’s parchment paper. Press and iron for 3 seconds on the entire surface of stamp. Too much dwell time will burn the film. Peel film off stamp surface.
- With stamped surface facing up, apply glue and Carnation glitter to head. Apply glue and Heather glitter to body, and 4 small dots in the center of the large ovals on each wing. Glitter rest of wings with Azure as shown in right photo above. (When choosing your own color placement, make sure you apply opaque colors first before transparent ones).
- Let dry for several hours. Cut closely around dragonfly up to, but not the black lines. Cut in between wings up to the thorax. Crease at thorax and bend wings up.
- For a double winged dragonfly: make two dragonflies, one with glitter, one without. Glue the bodies together with the glittered one on top. Add strength and body by placing some Fantasy Fiber in-between Film sheets before heat bonding. Or try a dragonfly embellished with our Glass Beads and Fantasy Fiber.
- Your beautiful Fantasy Film and Art Glitter dragonfly can be glued with Designer Dries Clear Adhesive to a card, magnet, or pin to wear on clothing. Or anywhere it can flutter!
Click here for more information about Art Institute Glitter, Inc.