By: Terri Sproul of www.terrisproul.com
Add rich color to a pair of lovebirds in this homemade Valentine's Day card. This card craft featuring a lovebirds stamp is also a great way to express your affection anytime.
- White Cardstock
- Light and dark Purple Cardstock
- Twinkling H2O’s : Pink Crocus, Gold Dust, Playful Peony, Fern, Autumn Skies, Periwinkle,
- Stamp: Lovebirds (5508.N), and “here is to another great year” from Stampotique,
- Green Ribbon – local craft store
- Fiskards – Heritage corner Punch
- Paint brushes or water brushes.
- Paper towels
- Mini paper cups – for your water
- Fine Black Embossing Powder: from Stewart Superior
- Ink: Embossing ink, India Ink – both from Stewart Superior
- Adhesive: Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Stamp Lovebirds using embossing ink and black embossing powder. Stamp image onto white cardstock with clear embossing ink. Sprinkle on fine black embossing powder on to image – tap of extra embossing powder – heat powder until embossing powder is melted.
- Color in your image using Twinkling H2O’s – to use your Twinkling H2O’s just wet your brush or spray water on the Twinkling H2O’s they are like using water colors. Start color in image. I used, “Pink Crocus” and “Playful Peony” on the flowers, “Fern” was used on the greens for the flowers, “Autumn Skies” and “Periwinkle” was used on the Lovebirds.
- Stamp: “here is to another great year” onto Green Ribbon. To stamp onto ribbon – use “India Ink”.
- Trim your “lovebird” image – Punch both corners using Friskards “Heritage Corner Punch” and matt onto Dark Purple cardstock.
- Stamp “Here is to another great year” onto green ribbon using India ink. Adhere to the bottom of the card.