Kids Aquamarine Beach Tote
By: Tammie Wilson for Delta Creative
Check out this beachy-keen kids craft! Just in time for the summer, this beach tote from Delta Creative looks great and is fun to make. Let the sunshine in!
- Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint (Paradise 2587, Periwinkle Blue 2478, Laguna Blue 2418, Delta Ceramcoat® Textile Medium 103000201)
- Delta Circle Stencil 910021111
- Delta Stencil Mania™ Finned Friends 970190710
- Canvas Tote- white or natural is best
- 5/8” Stencil brush
- 1” low-tack tape
- Cardboard- to fit inside bag
- Wax paper- to cover cardboard
- Paper towels
- Paper plate
- Wash and dry tote according to manufacturer’s instructions. DO NOT USE FABRIC SOFTENER. Iron flat as needed.
- Cover cardboard with wax paper and insert into tote. Tape sides and top as needed to insure fabric is taut.
- On paper plate mix a separate puddle of each paint color with Textile Medium following package instructions.
- Using the photo as a guide place the medium circle stencil on the tote and secure in place with tape.
- Dip the stencil brush into the desired color of paint, tap excess off on plate. Start painting in the center of the circle and work the color towards the edges to prevent the paint from seeping under the edge. Let dry and paint two more circles in different colors as shown. Wipe the excess paint out of the brush but do not get it wet. If the bristles are wet it will thin the paint and cause it to seep on the fabric.
- Switch to the small circle and continue painting as desired. Let dry.
- Use the Finned Friends stencil to add the fish to the centers of the larger circles using the desired color from the palette.
- Remove tape and cardboard. Press the painted area, on the reverse side to set the paint.
- Paint will take one week to cure. You may use the tote once the paint is dry to the touch but do not wash it for at least one week.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!