Have your friends autograph this shirt at a graduation gathering or give as a gift to a new graduate friend or family member. The shirt is a snap to create. Find this craft and 17 other graduation crafts in our FREE Graduation Craft eBook.
- Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dyes™
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter™
- Tulip® Fashion Form™
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter Bond
- Garbage bags, 2
- Self-adhesive shelf paper
- Cosmetic sponge
- White tee, 100% cotton
- Permanent marker
- Scratch paper
1. Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with garbage bag. Lay wet shirt onto prepared surface.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottle. Replace cap tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
4. Crumple shirt, following dye package instructions.
5. Squeeze Red dye onto shirt, squeezing and turning fabric until completely dyed. Cover with clean garbage bag. Let set 4-6 hours.
6. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap.
7. Dry in dryer. Iron smooth.
8. Trace letters onto shiny side of shelf paper, using permanent marker. Carefully cut out inside each letter to create stencil, using scissors.
9. Remove paper backing. Press letters onto shirt where desired. Run a fingernail along inside edges to ensure a tight seal.
10. Insert Fashion Form into shirt.
11. Squeeze a puddle of Glitter Bond onto foil. Tap flat end of sponge into glue. Pounce a thick, even coat of glue within one section of stencil. Immediately pour Gold Fine Jewel onto wet glue. Lightly press glitter into glue. Repeat procedure to apply glitter to remainder of design, working in one section at a time. Let dry. Pounce excess glitter onto scratch paper to return to container. Repeat procedure to apply design onto back of shirt.
12. Wait 72 hours to wash. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach. Remove promptly and line dry. To iron, turn garment inside out, being careful not to touch design with iron. Do not dry clean.