This rubber stamp project is easy to make as a gift or home decoration. Use kids' photos, as pictured, or try it out with pet photos, wedding photos, or just cute couple photos.
- Brush Stroke Alphabet and Beyond the Basics stamps from Stampin' Up
- Lilac and fuchsia stamp pads (Stampin? Up)
- Treasure Tape heart shapes
- Diamond Beadlets®
- Curvy-edged scissors (Fiskars)
- Kreinik 1/16" Ribbon in 026 Amethyst, 024 Fuchsia, 242HL Magenta Sunset
- 1/4" Treasure Tape
- 8" x 10" red cardstock (Stampin Up)
- 8" x 10" white cardstock (Stampin Up)
- 8" x 10" pink cardstock (Stampin Up)
- Scrap of red cardstock (Stampin Up)
- Scrap of purple cardstock (Stampin Up)
- Large heart punch (Stampin Up)
- Tray or Shallow Pan
- Three photos, cut to be 3" x 2"
- Cut your white cardstock to be 1/4" shorter on all sides than the 8" x 10" red cardstock. Cut one side of the white paper with the curved-edged scissors.
- Punch five hearts from the pink cardstock. Place a Treasure Tape heart on each. Remove the red liner to expose the sticky top, and decorate each heart with a different color of 1/16" Ribbon. Make random patterns, curls, and loops. When thread decorating is complete, lay the heart in a shallow pan and cover remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets. Set aside.
- Cut your scraps of pink, red and purple cardstock to be 1/4" larger on all sides than your photos. Cut one side of each scrap with the curved-edged scissors. Lay a piece of 1/4" Treasure Tape next to the curved edge of each scrap paper. Remove the red liner to expose the sticky top, and decorate with 1/16" Ribbon. When thread decorating is complete, lay the paper in a shallow pan and cover remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets. Using 1/4" strips of red liner Treasure Tape, attach each photo to these scraps.
- Stamp the confetti heart image randomly on the page using the fuchsia stamp pad.
- Stamp "I Love You!" on the top of the page using the lilac ink.
- Using glue or extra heart tape shapes, attach each of your decorated hearts along the left side of the page.
- Using scraps of Treasure Tape, attach your photo cards down the right side of your page.
- Using strips of Treasure Tape, attach the white paper to the red cardstock, leaving 1/4" of red exposed on three sides. On the fourth side, featuring the curvy border, lay a strip of 1/4" tape. Remove the red liner to expose the sticky part and decorate with a color of 1/16" Ribbon. Lay the paper in your tray and cover remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.