Etchall Paint Products
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Etchall Paint Products
Gifted by Etchall
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
Glass etching may look complicated, but it's actually quite easy...and fun! Giving a matted look to everything from mirrors to Mason jars is a great way to add a unique look to your home decor, and all you need is a few simple tools to get the job done.
With lots of great supplies and tools from which to choose, the folks at Etchall have everything you need to create amazing craft projects by etching glass. We were lucky enough to be able to play with some of it, and we loved all the projects we were able to make with Etchall products. Here's a breakdown of what we used and how you can create amazing home decor, jewelry, accessories, and so much more!
Etching to Paint
This book is filled with 36 awesome etchware projects. With easy-to-read instructions and step-by-step photos, this book is great for the beginner, and I found it extremely useful for inspiring my own etched designs. Each designer in this book offers great tips and suggestions as well as a detailed supply list for every project so that you can get the job done.
Etchall Etching Creme
For creating designs on glass, mirrors, marble, slate, ceramic, and ink, you're going to need the Etchall Etching Creme. Best used with stencils of your choice, this creme gives a subtle decoration to your piece. Stencil glass coasters or add a decorative boarder around your mirror or sliding glass door. Etching creme is very easy to use and is made even easier when you use the tools given to you by Etchall, like the Squeegee and Detail Pick Tool. These items make etching all the more fun and give you the tools it takes to create something that looks professionally designed.
I couldn't wait to start playing around with the Etchall Etching Creme. I decided to create the little hummingbird coaster and, though I was nervous at first, I was so surprised at how easy and fun this was! Here's how it happened:
First, clean off the glass surface with a lint-free paper towel or cloth. Apply the stencil. You can use your own if you like, but I loved this hummingbird from Etchall. Use the Squeegee to make sure the stencil is secure, pressing out any air bubbles.
Apply a heavy coat of Etchall Creme. The consistency is similar to peanut butter, and a little goes a long way.
Use the squeegee to spread out the creme over the whole coaster. Let sit for 15 minutes.
After time has elapsed, use the squeegee to remove the majority of the creme and return it back to the jar.
Rinse the remaining creme off under warm running water. Once all the creme is removed, remove the stencil and dry thoroughly. You have a brand new coaster!
Here are some beautiful projects made by Etchall artist, Julie McGuffee. I hope one of them inspires you!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Clay Tool Starter Kit and Classic Clay
- Practical Origami
- Darice Embossing Folders
- SEI Iron On Flock Transfers
- Cri-Kit Gel Pens and Holder for your Craft Cutting Machine
- Extreme Glitter Paint
- Scotch Super Glue and Adhesive Dots
- Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card
- Sweet Doily Cards Spring Craft
- Illuminated Blossoms Spring Craft
- Colorful Napkin Wreath Spring Craft
- Large Silk DIY Flower Arrangement
- Kiddie Blocks Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Easy DIY Castle Printables
- Simple Yarn Easter Baskets