Sweet Treat Partyware
By: Tiffany Windsor for www.cool2craft.com
With this easy reverse decoupage technique from Tiffany Windsor, you can create the sweetest custom partyware and matching napkins. Create your own fabulous glassware for entertaining.
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Vine w/Leaves & Fruit (#656532)
- Sizzix Bigz Alphabet Die Set – Go Slim Lowercase (or alphabet dies of your choice)
- Scrapbook papers
- Zip-Dry Glue by Beacon
- Mod-Podge by Plaid – Matte finish
- Clear glass plates and clear glass tray
- Acrylic paint – gold or color of choice
- Paint brush
- Cloth napkins
- Iron-on fusible web
- Wash and thoroughly dry plates and tray to remove any fingerprints. Set aside.
- Die cut alphabet letters, vines and fruit from paper. Measure and cut paper to fit exactly on back of tray and center circle of plates. (For the tray, you may need to use a full sheet of 12x12 plus several strips of paper to cover the entire back.)
- To create dessert plate, determine placement of vines, leaves, fruit and lettering and glue in place with Zip-Dry. Let dry completely.
- Brush Mod-Podge onto center circle on back of plate (you are creating a reverse decoupage). Brush Mod-Podge glue onto front of paper (brushing over entire glued design). Press face down onto back of plate and use your fingers to gently rub paper to secure onto plate. Turn plate over and check to be sure that you rub around the glued designs pressing glue into all crevices. When Mod-Podge dries, it is clear but be sure that you have a smooth even coat. Next, apply a smooth coat of Mod-Podge to the back of the paper, paying attention to secure edges of paper completely. Let dry. Brush coat of acrylic paint over back of paper. Let dry.
- Repeat technique for each plate and tray.
- For napkins, iron fusible web onto back of fabric. Die cut designs. Remove backing paper and iron onto napkins.
- Because you have sealed the paper with the glue and acrylic paint, this glassware is hand-washable. Just clean with damp sponge and dry thoroughly. Enjoy the ooh’s and aah’s at your next tea party!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!