Be the life of the party and create these cute party favors from Beacon Adhesives. Flowers and butterflies have such bright colors your guests will love. Foam crafts are the way to go. They're quick and easy.
- CRAFTFOAM GLUE
- Pre-cut fun foam flowers, 1 package (will make 6-8 party favors)
- Green paper party cups, 1 package
- Wrapped hard candy
- Decorating chalk kit
- Green chenille stems, 1 package
- Black fin tip marker
- Select a flower of your choice and trip the top petal off as shown in the pattern.
- Pick a contrasting color flower and then cut the tips from the flowers to use to decorate the butterfly’s wings.
- Select another flower, then cut the teardrop and half circle designs for the butterfly’s wings.
- Using a green flower, trim the bee’s body from the flower as shown on the pattern. Trim the remainder of the flower into four leaves for the flower pick.
- Glue the bee’s body to the butterfly wings and then glue decorations to the wings.
- For the head, draw the eyes and mouth with a black marker onto a foam circle. Rub the cheek area with pink decorating chalk.
- Attach the head onto the butterfly body with CraftFoam Glue
- Glue a contrasting colored circle to the center of the flower.
- Twist two green chenille stems together, bending one end into a “U” shape and glue the “U” to the back of the flower with CraftFoam Glue. Let dry.
- Glue two green petals on each chenille stem.
- Fill the green cups part way with candy. Poke the chenille stem into the candy and fill with extra candy.
TIP: Trim the flowers as shown on the pattern to create the butterfly. One package of flowers will make two butterflies and four flower cups. Use the photo as a guide and make sure to follow the directions on the glue.