Kathy Peterson shows how an easy garden lattice paint technique makes this ordinary step stool perfect for displaying plants, from Krylon.
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Black Sea (#2605)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Yellow Sea (#2602)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Arctic White (#2606)
- Wood step stool
- Drop cloth
- 1" Painter's Tape
- Craft paper and scissors
- Safety glasses
- Artist paint brush or 1/4" dowel (for making dots)
- Small bowl or container to spray paint into
- Using Arctic White, spray paint entire step stool. Allow to dry.
- Mask off the top of each step with painters tape and craft paper then spray with yellow paint. Allow to dry.
- Remove craft paper and tape from top of steps. Using photo as your guide, mask off the painted yellow sides and fronts of the step stool with craft paper and tape.
- To create checkerboard pattern on top of each step, position the tape in a vertical line across the entire step so that each edge of tape touches. Remove every other piece of tape. Repeat process in horizontal line. Spray each step and front edges of stool with black paint. Allow to dry.
- Spray small amount of yellow paint into bowl or container and dab end of artist brush or tip of dowel into paint. Next using the brush or dowel tip, dab dots of paint onto each back square. Allow to dry.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.