Fun Tie Dye Flip Flops
By: Designed and Decorated by Cheryl Ball for ilovetocreate.com
Show off these flip flops from I Love to Create at your next summer excursion! Have fun decorating your own pair to match your swimsuit.
- Scribbles® Dimensional Fabric Paint
- Rainbow Rock® Tie-Dye Kits
- Aleene's® Quick Dry Tacky Glue™
- 1 yard of White Muslin Fabric
- Hot Pink Flip Flops
- Paper towels
- Assorted colores, Acrylic Rhinestones
- Open the Tie Dye kit and remove contents.
- Prepare the work surface. Place a plastic garbage bag on work surface then cover with three for four layers of paper towels.
- Cut two 10” x 30” strips of the fabric.
- Create soda ash mixture per instructions and let fabric soak and directed.
- Put on gloves. Open the dye bottles and fill with arm water and shake to mix.
- Lay the fabric on the prepared surface then crumple following the package instructions.
- Squeeze random areas with the Fuchsia and Yellow. Squirt Yellow on the Fuchsia to create an orange but also leave a few spots white. Turn the fabric so all parts get dyed.
- Let set about 4 hours.
- Wash and dry fabric following instructions.
- Tear 1 ½’ X 8” stripes of fabric. Fold in half lengthwise and tie in a knot around the strap referring to photo for placement. Tie on desired number. Trim ends to about 1 ½”.
- Add a dot of glue to each knot add a gem. Let dry.
- Add Yellow Scribbles dots on the sides of the shoe. Let dry.