Colorful glass chips and gems make for unique mosaic holiday ornaments from Diamond Tech. Use as a picture frame or place a mirror in the center to reflect the lights and colors.
- 1 Wooden snowflake picture frame ornament
- 1 Variety package of Jennifer’s Mosaics Variety Mirror
- 1 Variety package of Jennifer’s Mosaics glass gems
- Jennifer’s Mosaics white grout
- Jennifer’s Wheeled Glass Nippers
- Silicone glue (such as “Liquid Nails”)
- Sponge, bowl, mixing spoon, soft cloth
- Place snowflake ornament on newspaper and remove frame back and glass.
- Turn frame over so that it is facing upward. Nip mirror chips into desired shapes. Arrange so that they form a border around the frame opening.
- Working a small sections at a time, apply a thin layer of adhesive to the back of each mirror piece and press into place on the frame.
- Next, apply a small amount of glue to the back of each glass gem and press into place, following the photo.
- Allow to dry according to glue packaging.
- Pour 4 oz. of white grout into a mixing bowl. Adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time, mix with a craft stick until the grout reaches “fudge” consistency. It is best to add a little water at a time as you can always add more water, but you can’t take it out! If grout becomes too watery, add more dry grout, a small amount at a time until the consistency is correct.
- Wearing a disposable glove, spread the grout into all of the nook and crannies, making certain that all the inner and outer edges are smooth. Wait about 15 minutes for grout to set.
- Begin to brush away the excess grout using a scrubby or a soft toothbrush. It is very important to remove all grout on the glass before it is completely dry.
- Using the soft side of the dry scrubby, buff the glass to a clean shine. Allow 24 hours for the ornament to dry thoroughly.
- Using green acrylic paint, approved for wooden surfaces paint the edge and back of the ornament.
You have now created a mosaic holiday masterpiece! Add a picture or mirror and display it proudly or attach it to a special gift as a name tag.