This ornament is made in four quick and easy steps. Using sheet music, card stock, glitter and ribbons you can create yourself a unique ornament to give as a gift or keep for yourself. This is great for music lovers.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Stars: 9" x 1"; two 4" x 1/2"; 6" x 1/2"
- Metallic silver ribbon: 1/8" x 3/8 yd.; 1/2" x 2-1/2 yds.
- Paper: sheet music; white card stock, 8-1/2" x 11", four sheets
- Paper crafting tools: paper trimmer; eyelet setter; pinking scissors
- Fine silver glitter
- Silver eyelet
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Triple Layer Star
- Photocopy sheet music onto two pieces of card stock. Trace 9" and 6" foam stars onto separate sheets. Use pinking scissors to cut out stars 1/8" beyond traced lines.
- Use white glue to adhere 1/2"-wide ribbon around edges of 6" and one 4" foam star. Apply generous layer of glue to 4" star and sprinkle with glitter; let dry.
- Glue glittered star to 6" paper star and paper star to 6" foam star. Glue 6" foam star to largest paper star.
- Set eyelet in star tip. Thread 1/8" ribbon through eyelet; knot ends for hanging loop.
Double Layer Star
- Photocopy sheet music onto two pieces of card stock. Trace 9" foam star onto each sheet; cut out and glue paper pieces to front and back of foam star.
- Apply generous layer of glue to 4" foam star and sprinkle with glitter; let dry. Glue 1/2"-wide ribbon around star edges. Glue small star to center of large star.
- Cut several 1"-wide strips from remaining card stock. Glue strips around foam edge, piecing strips as needed to cover foam.
- Apply thin line of glue around front edge of 9" star and sprinkle with glitter; shake off excess. Repeat as needed. Let dry completely.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.