5 Craft Room Storage Tips You Can Use
By: Julia Litz, editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you've ever wanted to know how to organize your craft room but didn't know where to start, you'll want to check out these tips. The task can seem pretty daunting, but a few simple tips and tricks from your favorite bloggers will help tame your fears. Plus, an organized craft room can inspire a great deal of inspiration and creativity. Even if your craft room is more like "craft table" or "craft closet," there are plenty of craft room storage tricks and techniques that will surely help you out. Turn your tiny craft space into a creative mecca - it's much easier than you think!
We've rounded up some of the best craft room ideas from our latest eBook How to Organize Your Craft Room: 15 Room Tours and DIY Organization Ideas from Our Favorite Bloggers to share with you. Keep track of your favorite ideas and use them as inspiration for your next room makeover.
"A clipboard hanging from the ceiling makes a great place to put current project notes!" - Tina Johnson
You never know when inspiration can strike, so it's important to keep a piece of paper and a pen handy. Rather than adding to an already messy table, move your notepad on a wall for easy access. Turn this DIY organization idea into a fun craft project. One of the easiest ways to alter a clipboard is by decoupaging it and adding scrapbook papers. For projects like a Decorative Clipboard, you can also take advantage of old vintage photographs you have on hand and add them to your piece.
"I gathered extra reusable grocery bags stapled photos of my types of common projects, placed the fabric piles inside and put the bags under the counter." - Jane Skoch
The first step in clearing clutter is taking control and implementing ideas for craft room storage. As Jane suggests, you can use bags you have on hand to quickly organize your supplies. Better yet, you can craft up something quickly and use that to store your fabric or applicable other supplies. Consider making Reusable Shopping Bags from Placemats you find at your local discount store. Simply sew two of the plastic placemats together and use a third to create the handle.
"I have all of my 8-1/2" X 11" paper in the middle two drawers organized in hanging files by color...The top drawer is for scraps very simply by color - so all shades of orange go in a hanging folder, all shades of purple in another, etc." - Marti Wills
Instead of wasting paper, save your scraps and file them away using Marti's simple idea for craft room storage. Paper isn't just meant for scrapbooking or cardmaking, either. You can use even the smallest pieces of paper to make your own Paper Scrap Art. When you're finished with the craft project, hang your piece on the wall of your newly organized craft room.
"Many people have told me to organize by color but I can see my stach being ripped apart just to see if the color bin actually has the brand I need." - Michael Sellick
Before your next crochet or knitting project, take a moment to implement some DIY organization ideas and separate your yarn in a way that makes sense. Whether you prefer sorting yarn by brand or color, create a system that works and stick to it. A Decoupage Storage Bin will stick out from a sea of supplies - the colorful design and unique look give it a truly personal edge.
"I created my own caddy, out of old tin cans, so that I can store my brushed according to use: watercolors, art jars, and canvas" - Alyice Edrich
A caddy for yarn, paint, tools and other supplies is an easy-to-carry option for anyone who likes to get up and go. You can go green and make your own eco-friendly version rather than heading out to the craft supply or home furnishing store. Coffee cups (paper or plastic) can be used to create an Upcycled Craft Tool Caddy - who knew that morning cup of joe could help you with craft room storage?
For more genius craft room storage ideas and tips, download our latest free eBook, How to Organize Your Craft Room: 15 Room Tours and DIY Organization Ideas from Our Favorite Bloggers. It's filled with craft organization ideas and features room tours from some of our favorite bloggers.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Clever Accessory Organizer
- How to Organize Beads
- How to Organize Your Craft Room: 15 Room Tours and DIY Organization Ideas from Your Favorite Bloggers
- Keeping Your Craft Area Clean When Using Glue
- Create a Craft Ideas Book
- How to Better Organize Your Crafting Supplies
- Free Pattern Organization
- Organizing Yarn and Ideas from Craft Magazines
- Storing Leftover Paint
- Guest Tip: Manage Your Manuals
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Stencil Ease Vintage Design DIY Side Table Video
- Valentine's Day Heart Box
- Mini Felt Conversation Hearts
- The Thinker Dragon Coloring Page
- 18 Sewing Videos to Master Every Knot and Stitch
- Abstract Coloring Pages for Kids
- Spring Buggies Coloring Pages
- Elegant Rose Zentangle Coloring Page
- Zebra Zentangle Coloring Page
- Butterfly Zentangle Coloring Page