Fabric jewelry necklaces are great all year round, and this Fabric Owl Pendant is no exception. Owl arts and crafts are huge right now, so gather some old tee shirts and make these cute little owls for all your friends!
- Knit t-shirt fabric in various colors ( I have light blue, darker blue, and cream)
- Embroidery floss to contrast with t-shirt colors (I used blue, brown, and orange)
- Jump ring
- Cut from your material the basic owl shape. I cut this free hand but you can make up your own template.
- Cut pieces for the front belly of the owl, the wings, and the eyes. To get the exact shape of the wings I placed my large owl shape on top of my light blue fabric and cut following the edge of that shape.
- Using your needle, threaded with embroidery floss very carefully stitch the front of the owl, the eyes, and then add any extra decorative stitching you desire. I free-stitched the eyes, and added a little stitching to his head.
- Make sure any loose threads are knotted close to the fabric and trimmed on the backside of your pendant.
- Place your owl on top of another piece of t-shirt material that's slightly larger and stitch together by going around the edge of your owl shape. When you get to the spots where the wings should go add them in. Carefully trim around your shape.
- To finish your pendant use your handy-dandy crop-a-dile and add the eyelet. To add the eyelet you first have to cut a hole for it. To do this use the larger hole punch on your crop-a-dile. Then place your eyelet in and squeeze to secure.
- Cut a strip of t-shirt material to your desired length. Add a jump ring to your eyelet and then thread your fabric through this. Tie the two ends together to make a knot and wear your fabric pendant with pride!