Pansy Dishcloth and Potholder
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Crochet a potholder with pansy embellishment and a dishcloth in matching colors. This pansy set crochet pattern from Lily Sugar n' Cream creates a lovely accent in any kitchen. To make the crochet flower bouquet pictured at top right, see the Pansies Bouquet Crochet Pattern.
- Yarn: Amounts given are for both Dishcloth and Potholder
Lily® Sugar’n Cream Twists
(Solids: 2.5 oz/70.9 g/109 m/120 yds)
(Ombres: 2 oz/56.7 g/86 m/95 yds)
Main Color (MC) (20315 Summer Twists) 2 balls
Lily® Sugar’n Cream (Solids: 2.5 oz/70.9 g/Ombres: 2 oz/56.7g)
Contrast A (00093 Soft Violet) 1 ball
Contrast B (01317 Hot Purple) 1 ball
Contrast C (00083 Cornflower Blue) 1 ball
Contrast D (00073 Sunshine) 1 ball
Contrast E (01712 Hot Green) 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: Size 4 mm (U.S. G or 6) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
Dishcloth: Approx 10 ins [25.5 cm] square.
Pot Holder: Approx 11 ins [28 cm] square.
Gauge: 15 sc and 16 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
With MC, ch 30.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 29 sc.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *1 tr in next sc (push tr post to RS of work). 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn.
4th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *1 sc in next sc. 1 tr in next sc (push tr post to RS of work). Rep from * to last 2 sc. 1 sc in each of last 2 sc. Turn.
5th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each st to end of row. Turn.
Rep 2nd to 5th rows until work from beg measures 8 ins [20.5 cm], ending with 3rd or 5th row. Fasten off.
Edging: 1st rnd: Join A with sl st to any corner. Ch 1. 3 sc in same sp as sl st. *Work 29 sc to next corner. 3 sc in corner. Rep from * twice more. Work 29 sc to next corner. Join with sl st in first sc. Break A.
2nd rnd: Join C with sl st to any corner sc. Ch 1. (1 sc. Ch 1. 1 sc) in same sp as sl st. *(Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next sc) 14 times. Ch 1. Miss next sc.** (1 sc. Ch 1. 1 sc) in corner sc. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. Join with sl st to first sc. Break C.
3rd rnd: Join B with sl st to any corner ch-1 sp. Ch 1. (1 sc. Ch 1. 1 sc) in same sp as sl st. *(Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in missed sc 1 row below) 15 times. Ch 1. Miss next sc.** (1 sc. Ch 1. 1 sc) in corner ch-1 sp. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. Join with sl st to first sc.
4th rnd: Sl st in corner ch-1 sp. Ch 3 (counts as dc). 6 dc in same sp as last sl st. *Miss next ch-1 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Miss next ch-1 sp and sc. 5 dc in next ch-1 sp. Rep from * around, working 7 dc in corner ch-1 sps and ending with: miss next ch-1 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Miss next ch-1 sp and sc. Join with sl st to top of ch-3. Fasten off.
Front and Back: (make alike).
With C, ch 41.
1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch end of ch. 40 sc. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc across. Turn. Rep 2nd row 39 times more. Fasten off.
Edging: 1st rnd: Working through both thicknesses and with Front facing, join B with sl st in bottom left corner. Ch 1. 3 sc in same sp. Work 1 rnd of sc evenly around outer edges to join pieces, working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. Working from left to right, instead of from right to left as usual, work 1 reverse sc in each sc around. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
With D, ch 4. Join with sl st to form a ring.
1st rnd: Ch 1. (2 sc in ring. Ch 2) twice. (2 sc in ring. Ch 5) 3 times. Join with sl st to first sc. Break D.
2nd rnd: Join Color 2 with sl st to first ch-2 sp. Ch 2. (2 hdc. Ch 3. 1 sl st in first ch – Picot made. 2 hdc) all in same ch-2 sp. Miss next sc. Sl st in next sc. (2 hdc. Picot. 2 hdc) all in next ch-2 sp. [Miss next sc. Sl st in next sc. (1 hdc. 9 dc. 1 hdc) all in next ch-5 sp] 3 times. Miss next sc. Sl st in next sc. Join with sl st to top of ch 2. Fasten off.
Leaf: (make 2). With E, ch 5.
1st rnd: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 hdc in next ch. 1 dc in next ch. 5 dc in last ch.
Working into opposite side of ch into rem loops, 1 dc in next ch. 1 hdc in next ch. 1 sc in last ch. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
Make 2 Pansies: 1 With A and 1 with B. Sew 2 Pansies and 2 Leaves in corner of Pot Holder (see picture).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Crochet Stash Baskets
- Easy Ombre Dishcloth
- 8 Free Crochet and Knit Pot Holder Patterns + 5 New Pot Holders
- Crochet Doily in Pineapple Pattern
- Simple Border Pot Holder and Dishcloth
- Mop or Sweeper Cover
- Granny Crochet Dishcloth
- Granny's Square Dishcloth
- 2 Strand Fold Basket
- Cotton Thread Coaster or Doily
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie