Paper Boat Card
By: Georgina Jarvie from Provo Craft
Decorate a card with a fun cartridge that says you float my boat. Any loved one would love to get this card. Different colored cardstock makes this a great papercraft to make.
- Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter with Plantin SchoolBook and Accent Essentials® cartridges 
- Cricut® Just Because Cards cartridge 
- Cardstock: black, blue (2), white, red, nautical patterned, water patterned
- White string
- Blue eyelets
- Eyelet setter
- 1/8" hole punch
- Paper trimmer
- Foam mounting squares and adhesive
- Cut one 7 ¾" x 4 ¾" block of nautical patterned cardstock. Cut one 7 ½" x 4 ½" block of white cardstock. Cut one 7 ¾" x 1" strip of water patterned cardstock. Use scissors to cut a wave pattern along top edge of strip.
- Cut card. Using Just Because Cards cartridge and blue cardstock, cut one 8" <Fishing>. Fold card. Layer nautical block, white block, and water patterned strip to card front as shown.
- Use hole punch to make holes in each corner of white block. Set eyelets in each corner. Thread string through eyelets, ending with a knot at top center of card.
- Cut boat. Using black cardstock, select Layer 1 feature and cut one 3 ¾" <Boat>. Repeat cut using nautical patterned cardstock and Layer2 feature. Using red cardstock, select Layer 1 feature, press Shift, and cut one 3 ¾" <Boat-s>. Repeat cut using Layer 2 feature. Repeat cut using blue cardstock and Layer 3/Shadow feature. Layer together. Adhere to card as shown using foam squares.
- Cut You float my boat. Using red cardstock, select Word feature and cut one 3 ½" <Boat>. Using blue cardstock, select Word feature and cut one 3 ½" <Boat-s>. Wrap string around os in float and boat as shown. Layer together using foam squares. Adhere to card as shown.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!