Searching for a great, green homemade craft idea? The Little Miss Green Apron from I Love to Create is perfect for anyone wanting to make an eco-friendly project! Follow these simple steps for green crafting perfection.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit™ (Vibrant Colors)
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
- Tulip® Think Green™ Large Iron-on Transfers (Miss Green)
- Recycled Heart
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™ (Emerald, Sapphire)
- Pressing cloth
- Long silk scarf or any natural fabric
- Natural apron
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Lay damp scarf on prepared surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to Lime Green dye to line indicated on bottle. Replace cap and shake bottle to thoroughly mix dye. Squeeze Lime Green over damp scarf, completely covering with dye. Cover with plastic tablecloth and let sit 4 to 6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of soap. Line dry.
- Position “Miss Green” Iron-On Transfer™ onto top center of apron. Refer to photo. Place apron on ironing board or hard, flat surface. With iron set to “wool” setting, iron over transfer in a firm, even, circular motion for 60 seconds. Let paper covering cool, then peel off. If transfer hasn’t fully adhered, replace paper and repeat step. Turn apron over and iron over design area for 60 more seconds.
- Place Recycled Heart Iron-On Transfers™ randomly onto front of apron. Cut some of the Recycle Hearts in random sections and place onto different edges of apron. Refer to photo. Repeat ironing process to adhere each transfer.
- Use Fashion Art Tweezers™ to surround each uncut heart with blue or green crystals. Place alternating blue and green crystals around earth design on Miss Green transfer. Refer to photo. Adhere in place using Cordless Heat-Setting Tool™ and following package instructions.
- Fold scarf in half and cut down the middle, creating two equally sized pieces. Turn apron over and glue cut end of each piece to side edge of apron with Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion™. Refer to photo. Let dry.