Turn an old coffee container or oatmeal container into a lovely daisy container from Beacon Adhesives. This is great for holding anything you wish like kitchen utensils, gardening materials or even snack treats.
- LIQUID LAMINATE
- 9” X 5” round, clean & dry container (an old coffee or oatmeal container works great.)
- 8” X 17 1⁄2 piece of plant print paper
- 1 1⁄2” X 17 1⁄2” polka dot paper to coordinate with plant print.
- 4 1⁄2” circle of polka dot paper
- 35” of coordinating decorative ribbon
- Seven 7/8” white buttons
- 4 1⁄2” silk daisies
- Soft bristle craft brush, 1” wide, scissors, paper trimmer
- Working in small sections, brush LIQUID LAMINATE over a portion of the container and immediately place paper over wet surface from the container base up to the top, smoothing with your fingers as you go. Continue until the entire container is covered.
- Brush a topcoat of LIQUID LAMINATE over the entire container and let thoroughly dry. For a glossier finish, brush another coat of LIQUID LAMINATE over the first.
- Cover the lid in a similar way.
- LIQUID LAMINATE as above the 1 ½” wide piece of polka dot paper around the canister, slightly overlapping, and then coat over top with additional LIQUID LAMINATE.
- LIQUID LAMINATE polka dot circle to the center of the lid, following above instructions. Dry well.
- Glue ribbon with GEM-TAC around the base of the canister over the print, covering area where polka dot paper meets the print paper. Use GEM-TAC to glue the buttons on top of the upper ribbon as in photo and then glue silk flowers to the center of the lid.