This personalized keepsake box from Jolee's Boutique is a great way to store your favorite mementos. You can make this Old School Keepsake Box to store photos, school memories, or cherished recipes and notes from your loved ones.
- Adhesive Fabric Sheets from Jolee's
- Metal Ribbons
- Fleur De Lis Cabochons
- Cutterpede Straight Edge Trimmer
- XACTO Knife
- HERMA Dotto Permanent Dot Adhesive
- Wooden cigar box or similar
- Rayon seam binding
- Satin ribbon: red, blue, 1/2" wide
- Pigment ink: light brown
- Misting bottle
- Craft glue
- You will be covering the outside and inside of the box, including sides and edges, with the adhesive fabric (you may choose to leave some interior sides uncovered as we did). Plan your fabric patterns to fit the box measurements, mixing patterns as desired. We chose the sampler design for the cover and a label design for the inside of the cover. Make notes of what sizes you need including any wraparound to the sides. Using the old adage “measure twice, cut once,” trim fabric sheets to your noted pattern sizes. To apply, pull back a little of the release paper and align with the box panel you are covering. Press in place, pulling away the release paper as you proceed and smoothing out any wrinkles.
- Adhere satin ribbon using the Herma adhesive to accent outer and inner edges as desired; miter the corners by folding the ribbon, adding adhesive on the mitered folds. Cut away ribbon around the box’s hinge hardware.
- Ink a 12" length of white seam binding with light brown pigment ink: mist with water and crumple into ball (you might want to use latex gloves for this step). Let dry, maintaining the wrinkles. Form a loose bow and adhere to the front of the box. Center a decorative metal ribbon on the bow.
- Select and add a fleur de lis cabochon to the inside cover of the box.