Three cheers for the red, white, and blue in this trio of all-American pots painted with bright, patriotic colors.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP11 - Pot O' Gold
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP43 - Holly Berry Red
- DCP51 - Cobalt Blue
- 1" painter's tape
- Foam plate
- 1/4" round foam pouncer brush
- 1" and 1/2" flat brushes
- Small round brush
- 2" square piece of cardstock
- Craft knife
- 4", 6", and 8" terra cotta pots
1. Paint pot rim and insides Holly Berry Red; let dry.
2. Paint pot below rim Pot O' Gold and let dry.
3. Referring to photo for placement, paint Cobalt Blue swirls on Pot O' Gold areas. Let dry.
4. Use end of brush handle dipped in Holly Berry Red to paint four dots at end of swirls. Let dry.
5. Use Cloud White to paint word "and" on rim of pot; let dry.
1. Paint pot rim and insides Cloud White; let dry.
2. Paint pot below rim Cobalt Blue and let dry.
3. Trace and cut star stencil from cardstock. Refer to photo for placement and use pouncer brush dipped into Pot O" Gold to paint stars over Cobalt Blue area. Let dry.
4. Use 1/4" pouncer brush and Cloud White to paint dots around stars; let dry.
5. Use Holly Berry Red to paint word "stars" on rim of pot; let dry.
1. Paint pot rim and insides Cobalt Blue and let dry.
2. Paint pot below rim Cloud White; let dry.
3. Mark off vertical stripes on pot as evenly as possible with painter's tape 1" apart at bottom edge; press edges down securely to avoid seepage. Paint stripes Holly Berry Red; let dry and remove tape.
4. Use Pot O' Gold to paint word "stripes" on rim of pot; let dry.