Create a stunning Easter greeting card using STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam, stickers and metallic paint. The recipient will be thrilled that you didn't opt for a store-bought card when he or she sees the three-dimensional egg jumping off the card.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Metallic ivory/pink acrylic paint
- Pink/gold pigment powder
- Papers, one sheet each: decorative floral scroll; coordinating cardstock; rice paper
- Stickers: gold script alphabet; coordinating floral border
- Coordinating satin ribbon, 1/2" x 1/4 yd.
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Wide flat paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Paper glues: laminating; quick-dry
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foam egg in half lengthwise. Set aside one half for a second card or future project.
- Cut 7" x 10" piece from cardstock; score and fold to measure 5" x 7". Cut 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" piece from scroll paper; adhere to center front of card.
- Cut 3-1/4" x 6" piece from cardstock; adhere to center of scroll paper. Trim and apply border stickers across top and bottom of cardstock piece.
- Tear rice paper sheet into small strips. Use wide brush and laminating glue to adhere paper pieces to foam half-egg, completely covering surface. Use brush to smooth out wrinkles. Let dry completely.
- Paint egg metallic ivory. While paint is still slightly tacky to the touch, use brush to dust egg with pigment powder.
- Apply alphabet stickers to cardstock just above lower border sticker, spelling "Easter Greetings" as shown.
- Tie satin ribbon into bow around center of egg. Use paper glue to adhere egg to card front.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.