Blue Ice Lariat, Bracelet and Earrings
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Wear this with the tear drop end shifted to the side and close to the neck for an elegant effect or let the long end fall down the center for a “y” look or try it as a bracelet; the lariat offers tremendous versatility. We chose colors, design elements and beads that were reminiscent of icicles and snowflakes, but the mood of the designs will change dramatically with different combinations of bead colors, shapes and textures.
- Beadalon 49 Strand Bright .013 (Approximately 40”)
- Two Beadalon Silver Plate Crimp Tubes Size #1
- Thirteen White 6mm Oval Freshwater Pearls
- Two White 6mm Round Freshwater Pearls
- Thirteen Clear 10mm A/B Finish Faceted Round Glass Beads
- Twenty seven Clear 5mm Faceted Round Swarovski Beads
- One Crystal 18/9 A/B Finish Swarovski Teardrop
- Fifty four Metallic Silver 4mm Oval Faceted Czech Glass Beads
- Twenty six 8mm Blue Multi Chinese Cloisonné Beads
- Size 14/0 Aqua Blue Lined Seed Beads
Three Strand Bracelet:
- Beadalon 49 Strand .013 (Three approximately 10 “ lengths)
- Beadalon Large Silver Toggle Clasp
- Six Beadalon Silver Plate Crimp Tubes Size #1
- Six White 6mm Round Freshwater Pearls
- Twelve Clear 5mm Faceted Round Swarovski Beads
- Five 3mm Lt. Blue Swarovski Bicone Beads
- Twenty four 2mm A/B Finish Czech Glass Oval Beads
- Thirty two Metallic Silver 4mm Czech Glass Oval Beads
- Fifteen Opal 3mm Swarovski Bicone Beads
- Twenty nine 2mm Blue Lined Clear Faceted Czech Glass Oval Beads
- Thirty Size 14/0 Aqua Blue Lined Seed Beads
- Thirty Size 14/0 Clear Seed Beads
- Thirty Size 14/0 Silver A/B Seed Beads
- Two Dapped Silver Plate Beadalon Ear Wires
- Four 1.5 “ Silver Plate Beadalon Head Pins
- Four 2” Silver Plate Beadalon Eye Pins
- Two 8mm Blue Multi Chinese Cloisonné Beads
- Four 3mm Lt. Blue Swarovski Bicone Beads
- Two 6mm Clear Faceted Round Swarovski Beads
- Crimp Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Nipper Tool
- Bead Board
Technique: You will need to be familiar with crimping and stringing small beads. You will need to know how to create a coiled loop and a loop on a head pin and an eye pin. This simple and elegant lariat necklace can be worn many different ways. There is a loop on one side to accommodate the teardrop end. By adding tiny seed beads in between the larger beads the piece has greater flexibility and the look and play of hand knotting without the time factor of actually knotting silk! Swarovski crystal will give any design the maximum reflectivity and sparkle. The multi-strand bracelet is intended to mimic three individual bracelets.
There are many tiny seed beads that are separating the individual beads in the design. I recommend that the larger beads be organized on a bead board prior to stringing and the seed beads be added into the design while stringing. Start by fashioning the looped end by sliding a crimp bead then 37 seed beads on to the wire end. Feed the tail back through the crimp tube, tighten up the loop and use your crimp tool to secure the tube closed. Cut off excess strand with a nipper tool.
The pattern is as follows: round pearl-seed bead-oval silver faceted-seed bead-oval silver-seed bead-faceted clear 5mm-seed bead-oval pearl-seed bead-faceted clear-seed bead-oval silver-seed bead-oval silver-cloisonné-8mm round-cloisonné-oval silver-seed bead etc. (It is unnecessary to add a seed bead on either side of the cloisonné beads, as the seed beads will slip through the bead holes.)
- Continue the pattern as described until you reach the other side and add on the round pearl and a crimp tube. Add on six seed beads-teardrop-six seed beads and slide the tail back through the crimp tube. Use the crimp tool to secure the tube closed and cut off the excess strand.
Three Strand Bracelet:
Attach the three strands to one end of your toggle clasp with crimp tubes.
Bead and finish each individual strand attaching the ends to the toggle clasp with crimp tubes.
The three patterns are as follows:
Strand One: 2 silver 4mm ovals-one opal swarovski-2 silver 4mm ovals etc.
Strand Two: 2mm A/B oval-5mm clear round-2mm oval-6mm pearl-2mm oval-blue swarovski bicone-2mm oval-5mm clear round-2mm oval-6mm pearl-2mm oval-5mm clear round etc.
Strand Three: blue lined seed bead-white seed bead-clear seed bead-2mm blue lined Czech oval-clear seed bead-white seed bead-blue lined seed bead-2mm oval-blue lined seed bead, white seed bead-clear seed bead-2mm oval etc.
Create the individual dangles on head and eye pins first. I recommend that you start with the four smallest dangles and build up from there.
Place one blue bicone bead on each of four head pins. Use Round Nose Pliers to create a loop at the top of each bead and clip off excess with Nipper Tool.
Place one Chinese cloisonné bead on one each of two head pins. Create a loop at the top of each bead using Round Nose Pliers and clip of excess with Nipper Tool. Use Chain Nose Pliers to position the top loop at a 45’ angle from the bottom loop.
Place one 5mm clear round faceted bead on one each of two head pins. Repeat process from step three.
Attach the beaded head pins to one another building from the bottom up in this fashion: Two blue bicones-one cloisonné-one faceted round.
- Finally attach the top faceted round bead to the dapped silver French wires.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More