If you yearn for the ocean, you’ll love these whimsical accents from Krylon, complete with shells, “sand”, and sea glass.
- Krylon Stained Glass Color - Blue (#9021)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Textured Paints - Charcoal Sand (#18202)
- Krylon Make It Last!® Clear Sealer - Clear (#18200)
- Clear glass plate
- Clear glass vase
- Pillar candles (several different sizes)
- Assorted small seashells
- Pieces of sea glass
- Several small starfish
- Sand (just a little for accent – optional)
- 5 yards off-white cord (depends on size of vase)
- Heavy-duty glue suitable for glass
- Masking materials such as tape and newspaper
- Wash glass plate and vase thoroughly. Dry with a lint-free towel.
- Following directions on can, spray outside of vase and bottom of plate with Krylon® Stained Glass Paint. Let dry.
- Following directions on can, mist bottom half of vase lightly with Krylon® Make It Stone!®. Mist slightly heavier at the bottom to very lightly at the middle of the vase. Let dry completely.
- On top of plate, mask off center. Following directions on can, mist outer edge of plate lightly with Krylon® Make It Stone!®. Mist slightly heavier at the edge to gradually lighter towards the middle. Let dry completely. Carefully remove masking materials.
- Glue sea glass and seashells along edge of plate and bottom half of vase. Let dry.
- Wrap off-white cord around the neck of the vase and secure with glue. Let dry.
- Accent vase and plate with starfish. Glue starfish around edge of plate and neck of vase. Let dry.
- Spray stone areas of vase and plate with Make It Last! Let dry completely. Please note: The clear coat sealer will add a satin finish. If you do not want this look on the stained glass areas, spray clear only on stone-painted areas.
- Place various sizes of candle pillars on center of plate. Add sand, loose shells and sea glass to create your own “candle garden”. Place flowers or dried sea grass in vase.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.