Hold treasured keepsakes in a lovely decoupaged "memory purse" perfect for display.
by Linda Peterson for AMACO
- Amaco® ArtEmboss® Soft Metal Sheet — Medium Pewter
- Amaco® Rub ‘n Buff® — Black, Silver Leaf
- Amaco® Fun Wire™ — Black and Clear/Copper 24 gauge
- Amaco® WireForm® 3/16" Armature wire
- Judy’s Stone House Designs – Wooden Purse octagon shape or purse of choice
- Fibermark paper – Hazelnut
- Alphabet stamps
- Embellishments of choice
- Decoupage medium
- Photos of choice
- Tacky Craft Glue
- Drill bit — 1/8”
- Measure top and side of picture. Add 1/2" to each measurement. Cut out ArtEmboss® metal sheet according to measurement. Glue picture into center of frame. With wooden stylus, outline picture. Turn over and outline again. Apply texture to outside edges. Repeat for various other pictures.
- Shape Black Fun Wire™ into words such as “Memories”, “Treasure” etc. Daub a little silver Rub ‘n Buff® onto words. Handle (steps 3-5):
- Cut two pieces of armature wire 12" long. Shape as desired using coils, zig-zag and finishing with a coil. Cut a piece of Copper Fun Wire™, 4" long. Secure both pieces together at top by wrapping coils with wire. Trim ends if needed.
- Drill two 1/8” holes 1/4” apart on each side of lid for each anchor point for handle placement. (See picture below for details.)
- Cut two pieces of Copper Fun Wire™, each 4" long. Place bottom coils of handle onto purse lid in center of holes on each side. Attach handle to lid with wire. Open lid of purse and twist wires to secure.
- Cut paper into irregular pieces. Decoupage onto purse both inside and out. Allow to dry. Stamp purse with words. Apply photos and wire words with tacky glue. Add other embellishments as desired. Allow to dry.