This spring decorate your door with a door hanger. It's quick and easy and it'll be ready in five easy steps. Flowers and vines make this door hanger everything it is.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- 1- large, gold peony bush with five flowers
- 3- bright yellow berry bushes
- 1- large leaf ivy bush with 12, 15" stems
- 1- large, pale yellow rose bush with seven flowers
- #9 Wired ribbon, 2 yds., coordinating color
- 1- purple, hanging petunia bush with 12 flowers and 13" vines
- Wire cutters
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
(Note: It's easiest to hang the Hugger while you're arranging the flowers. When inserting stems into Hugger, add glue for extra holding power.)
- Cut stem of largest rose to 5"; insert into the front center of the Hugger, about 1" from the top. Cut remaining rose stems to 4". Insert one stem in each of the four corners, with roses pointing out; insert one stem into each side of the Hugger, also pointing out.
- Cut one peony stem to 6"; insert at top center of Hugger, pointing straight up. Cut another stem to 4"; insert in front of the first peony. Cut the remaining three stems to 4"; position around the center rose, with one on each side and one just below.
- Cut two, 13" vines from petunia bush; insert into center bottom of the Hugger. Cut apart remaining petunia bush and use stems to fill in between the peonies and roses. Repeat with yellow berry bushes.
- Cut two, 15" vines from the ivy; insert in the center bottom of Hugger. Cut two 12" vines; insert in the bottom corners. Cut a 15" vine and insert in the center top of the Hugger, behind the peony. Cut apart remaining vines; using floral pins, arrange vines to cover the sides and fill in all empty areas.
- Make a single bow with long tails from 40" length of wired ribbon; tie bow onto a 3" stem leftover from one of the flowers. Insert and glue bow to the bottom right corner of the Hugger. Cut remaining ribbon in half, and pin two tails to the bottom of the Hugger; arrange tails as pictured.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.