Just in time for spring, create a vase of daffodils that will never wilt with craft foam and other materials. Kids can help create bouquets for their rooms!
DecoArt Products Required
- FP02 - Yellow
- FP03 - Orange
- 8 green 6" craft foam sticks, Darice Foamies 1040-88
- 3-D marshmallow shapes, Darice Foamies 1035-80
- Yellow craft foam
- 5 lime green 6-mm chenille stems
- Lo-temp glue gun
- Foam plate
- 1/2" flat brush
- Blue can hug, Darice Foamies 1040-78
- 6" pink flower shape, Creative Hands/Big Foam Shapes 42232
1. Use flat brush and Yellow Foam Paint to paint marshmallow shapes; let dry.
2. Trace and cut five flower petal shapes from yellow craft foam.
3. Glue one flat end of marshmallow to center of each flower petal shape.
4. Glue bottom of can hug to center of large pink flower shape.
5. Use Yellow to paint words "welcome spring" on front of can hug; let dry.
6. Use Orange to paint thick wavy line around top edge of marshmallow.
7. Paint center veins of petal from base of marshmallow to center of leaf length. Paint row of dots around bottom of can hug where flower and can hug meet;. Let all dry.
8. Taper 2" of one end of each craft foam stick into point. Glue rounded bottom of craft sticks to bottom of can hug in different positions, gluing some to sides of can hug and overlapping three over top rim of can hug and gluing in place on rim.
9. Position five chenille stems in can hug, gluing ends in bottom and sides to leaves or can hug for support.
10. Bend top 1/2" of chenille stems into horizontal position. Glue bent portion of stem to bottom center of daffodil shapes. Bend or roll alternate petals upward and downward to form flower shapes.