Short Crochet Cardigan
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Crochet sweater patterns can be a fun way to unwind while building your wardrobe. Multitask! The Short Crochet Jacket from Coats & Clark is a cute cover up for tanks and dresses!
- MODA DEA™"Beadnik™": 8 (9, 1l) balls No. 2933 With it White. (Note: this yarn is discontinued and there is no substitution. You can however, get something similar. Yarn specifications: 90% acrylic/5% polyester/5% PVC blend medium weight yarn. 1.75 oz/50g/103 yd/94m ball. Knit gauge in stockinette stitch, size 8 (5mm) needles: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4" (10cm). Crochet gauge in single crochet, size I-9 (5.5mm) hook: 14 sc and 16 rows = 4" (10cm)).
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm [US I-9].Yarn needle.
GAUGE: 14 sts = 4"; 8 rows = 4" in dc. CHECK YOUR
To Fit Bust: 30-32 (34-36, 38-40)". Finished Bust: 343/4 (38, 413/4)".
Row 1 (Wrong Side): Ch 2, sc in ch-4 sp, ch 1, 7 dc in ch-3 sp, ch 1, sc in ch-4 sp, ch 2.
Row 2: Ch 1; [yo and draw up a lp, yo and draw through 2 lps] 4 times all in next dc, yo and through all 5 lps on hook – bobble made; [ch 3, skip next dc, bobble in next dc] 3 times, ch 1.
Row 3: Ch 2, sc in next ch-3 sp, [ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp] 2 times, ch 2.
Row 4: Ch 4, skip next ch-2 sp, sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 4. Rep Rows 1-4 for pat. To Dec 1 (2) sts in dc: [Yo and draw up a lp in next st, yo and draw through 2 lps] 2 (3) times, yo and draw through all 3 (4) lps on hook. To Inc in dc:Work 2 dc in same st.
BACK: Ch 63 (69, 75).
Foundation Row (Right Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 7 (8, 10) ch, * ch 4, skip next 4 ch, sc in next ch, ch 3, skip next ch, sc in next ch, ch 4, skip next 4 ch, dc in next 5 (7, 8) ch; rep from * to last 4 (3, 4) ch; dc in last 4 (3, 4) ch; turn – 9 (10, 12) sts at each side edge beyond pat.
Row 1: Ch 3, skip first dc, [dc in each dc to next chsp, work pat Row 1 to next dc] 3 times, dc in each dc to last st; dc in top of ch-3; turn. Pat is now in position. Work in dc and appropriate rows of pat until 61/2 (61/2, 7)" from beg, end wrong side row.
Shape Armholes: Keeping continuity of dc and pat, sl st in first 5 (5, 6) dc, work to last 4 (4, 5) sts; turn. Dec 1 st each end of next 3 (4, 5) rows – 2 sts at each side edge beyond pat. Work even until 151/2 (16, 171/2)" from beg. Fasten off.
LEFT FRONT: Ch 31 (33, 37).
Foundation Row (Right Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 7 (8, 10) ch, ch 4, skip next 4 ch, sc in next ch, ch 3, skip next ch, sc in next ch, ch 4, skip next 4 ch, dc in last 9 (10, 12) ch; turn – 9 (10, 12) sts at each side edge beyond pat.
Row 1: Ch 3, skip first dc, dc in each dc to next chsp, work pat Row 1 to next dc, dc in each dc to last st;dc in top of ch-3; turn.
Pat is now in position. Work in dc and appropriate rows of pat until 61/2 (61/2, 7)" from beg, end wrong side row.
Shape Armhole: Sl st in first 5 (5, 6) dc, work in pat across. Dec 1 st at armhole edge on next 3 (4, 5) rows– 2 sts at arm edge beyond pat. Work even until 111/2 (12, 131/2)" from beg, end wrong side row.
Shape Neck-Next Row:Work across to last 4 (4,5) sts; TURN. Dec 1 st at neck edge on next 3 (4, 5) rows – 2 sts at neck edge beyond pat. Work even until 151/2 (16, 171/2)" from beg. Fasten off.
RIGHT FRONT:Work same as for Left Front, reversing shapings.
SLEEVES: Ch 33 (33, 37). Work Foundation row and Row 1 same as for 2nd (2nd, 3rd) size of Left Front. Shape sides by inc 1 st at each end of next row, then every 3rd row 8 (9, 10) times – 19 (20, 23) sts at each side edge beyond pat. Work even until 17 (171/2,181/2)" from beg.
Shape Cap: Sl st across 5 (5, 6) dc, ch 3, work in pat to last 4 (4, 5) sts; TURN. Dec 1 st each end of every row 9 (10, 10) times, then dec 2 sts each end of every row 2 (2, 3) times. Fasten off.
FINISHING: Sew shoulder and side seams. Sew sleeve seams. Set in sleeves.
Edging-Rnd 1: With right side facing, join yarn at shoulder seam; ch 1, work sc evenly around entire edge of jacket, taking care to keep work flat; join with a sl st in first sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, work Reverse Sc in each st around: * sc in next sc TO THE RIGHT; rep from * around; join. Fasten off.
Tie (Make 2): Join yarn at corner at neck; ch 45; sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Can Cozy
- How to Crochet a Bavarian Square
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Microspun Crochet Fantabulous Flip Flops
- The Only Crocheted Granny Square You'll Ever Need
- 7 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- A Deep V Top Crochet Pattern
- How to Crochet the Bavarian Rectangle
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Slippers
- "25 Quick and Thrifty Free Crochet Patterns" eBook
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit
- Sheet Metal Bracelet DIY Craft Project
- Stenciled Metal Vase
- Structured Pattern Skirt DIY Craft Project