Short Crochet Cardigan
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Crochet sweater patterns can be a fun way to unwind while building your wardrobe. Multitask! The Short Crochet Jacket from Coats & Clark is a cute cover up for tanks and dresses!
- MODA DEA™"Beadnik™": 8 (9, 1l) balls No. 2933 With it White. (Note: this yarn is discontinued and there is no substitution. You can however, get something similar. Yarn specifications: 90% acrylic/5% polyester/5% PVC blend medium weight yarn. 1.75 oz/50g/103 yd/94m ball. Knit gauge in stockinette stitch, size 8 (5mm) needles: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4" (10cm). Crochet gauge in single crochet, size I-9 (5.5mm) hook: 14 sc and 16 rows = 4" (10cm)).
- Crochet Hook: 5.5 mm [US I-9].Yarn needle.
GAUGE: 14 sts = 4"; 8 rows = 4" in dc. CHECK YOUR
To Fit Bust: 30-32 (34-36, 38-40)". Finished Bust: 343/4 (38, 413/4)".
Row 1 (Wrong Side): Ch 2, sc in ch-4 sp, ch 1, 7 dc in ch-3 sp, ch 1, sc in ch-4 sp, ch 2.
Row 2: Ch 1; [yo and draw up a lp, yo and draw through 2 lps] 4 times all in next dc, yo and through all 5 lps on hook – bobble made; [ch 3, skip next dc, bobble in next dc] 3 times, ch 1.
Row 3: Ch 2, sc in next ch-3 sp, [ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp] 2 times, ch 2.
Row 4: Ch 4, skip next ch-2 sp, sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 4. Rep Rows 1-4 for pat. To Dec 1 (2) sts in dc: [Yo and draw up a lp in next st, yo and draw through 2 lps] 2 (3) times, yo and draw through all 3 (4) lps on hook. To Inc in dc:Work 2 dc in same st.
BACK: Ch 63 (69, 75).
Foundation Row (Right Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 7 (8, 10) ch, * ch 4, skip next 4 ch, sc in next ch, ch 3, skip next ch, sc in next ch, ch 4, skip next 4 ch, dc in next 5 (7, 8) ch; rep from * to last 4 (3, 4) ch; dc in last 4 (3, 4) ch; turn – 9 (10, 12) sts at each side edge beyond pat.
Row 1: Ch 3, skip first dc, [dc in each dc to next chsp, work pat Row 1 to next dc] 3 times, dc in each dc to last st; dc in top of ch-3; turn. Pat is now in position. Work in dc and appropriate rows of pat until 61/2 (61/2, 7)" from beg, end wrong side row.
Shape Armholes: Keeping continuity of dc and pat, sl st in first 5 (5, 6) dc, work to last 4 (4, 5) sts; turn. Dec 1 st each end of next 3 (4, 5) rows – 2 sts at each side edge beyond pat. Work even until 151/2 (16, 171/2)" from beg. Fasten off.
LEFT FRONT: Ch 31 (33, 37).
Foundation Row (Right Side): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 7 (8, 10) ch, ch 4, skip next 4 ch, sc in next ch, ch 3, skip next ch, sc in next ch, ch 4, skip next 4 ch, dc in last 9 (10, 12) ch; turn – 9 (10, 12) sts at each side edge beyond pat.
Row 1: Ch 3, skip first dc, dc in each dc to next chsp, work pat Row 1 to next dc, dc in each dc to last st;dc in top of ch-3; turn.
Pat is now in position. Work in dc and appropriate rows of pat until 61/2 (61/2, 7)" from beg, end wrong side row.
Shape Armhole: Sl st in first 5 (5, 6) dc, work in pat across. Dec 1 st at armhole edge on next 3 (4, 5) rows– 2 sts at arm edge beyond pat. Work even until 111/2 (12, 131/2)" from beg, end wrong side row.
Shape Neck-Next Row:Work across to last 4 (4,5) sts; TURN. Dec 1 st at neck edge on next 3 (4, 5) rows – 2 sts at neck edge beyond pat. Work even until 151/2 (16, 171/2)" from beg. Fasten off.
RIGHT FRONT:Work same as for Left Front, reversing shapings.
SLEEVES: Ch 33 (33, 37). Work Foundation row and Row 1 same as for 2nd (2nd, 3rd) size of Left Front. Shape sides by inc 1 st at each end of next row, then every 3rd row 8 (9, 10) times – 19 (20, 23) sts at each side edge beyond pat. Work even until 17 (171/2,181/2)" from beg.
Shape Cap: Sl st across 5 (5, 6) dc, ch 3, work in pat to last 4 (4, 5) sts; TURN. Dec 1 st each end of every row 9 (10, 10) times, then dec 2 sts each end of every row 2 (2, 3) times. Fasten off.
FINISHING: Sew shoulder and side seams. Sew sleeve seams. Set in sleeves.
Edging-Rnd 1: With right side facing, join yarn at shoulder seam; ch 1, work sc evenly around entire edge of jacket, taking care to keep work flat; join with a sl st in first sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, work Reverse Sc in each st around: * sc in next sc TO THE RIGHT; rep from * around; join. Fasten off.
Tie (Make 2): Join yarn at corner at neck; ch 45; sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Penelope's Flirty Shawl Crochet Pattern
- 22 Summer Crochet Patterns
- Scrap Yarn Crochet Slippers
- Trendy Lace Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Raspberry Cartwheel Crochet Top
- 7 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- How to Crochet a Bavarian Square
- Lace Capelet
- Light Crochet Shoulder Shrug
- Crocheted Stash Buster Basket
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Sandits Sanding Sticks
- Apricot Bath Bomb Recipe
- Homemade Lip Balm
- Spiced Brown Sugar Scrub
- Tree of Love DIY Wedding Centerpiece
- Painted Tool Box DIY Father's Day Gift
- Mary Vaughn
- Red and Black Dangly Plastic Earrings
- Refashioned Patchwork Jacket Sewing Pattern
- Coraline's Summer Baby Hat Pattern