Crochet Poinsettia Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Christmas you may consider making some of your gifts. Free crochet scarf patterns are a great place to start. Caron's Crochet Poinsettia Scarf is enough to get anyone in the holiday spirit. With beautiful Christmas flowers that dance up and down this scarf, this crochet pattern makes a wonderful and beautiful gift for anyone on your list. Clever entertainers can even use this beautiful scarf as a festive Christmas table runner for the holiday season.
- 1 skein Caron International's Simply Soft® yarn in Bone (A)
- 1 skein Caron International's Simply Soft® yarn in Autumn Red (B)
- 1 skein Caron International's Simply Soft® yarn in Dark Sage (C)
- US K-10.5 (6.5 mm) crochet hook
- 6 (1.8mm) steel crochet hook (or hook small enough to fit through hole of beads)
- 36 crow beads in pink
- Yarn needle
Gauge: One motif measures 6 1/2 x 6 1/2"/16.5 x 16.5cm
- Bsc: Bead single crochet—With larger hook, insert hook in indicated stitch, yarn over and draw up a loop (2 loops hook), remove drawn up loop from hook (leave other loop on hook); place bead on steel hook, with steel hook pick up dropped loop and draw through bead; transfer loop back to larger hook, yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook
- Picot: Ch 4, sl st in 4th ch from hook. Note: When working into a picot, work into the ch-4 sp formed by the picot.
Motifs are worked with RS facing throughout. Do not turn at end of rounds. Always join yarn, as instructed, with RS facing.
Motif (Make 9)
With larger hook and A, ch 4; join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.
Round 1 (RS): Ch 1, [sc in ring, Bsc in ring] 4 times; join with sl st in front loop of first sc—4 sc and 4 Bsc.
Round 2: Working in front loops only, [ch 3, sl st in next sc] 7 times, ch 3; join with sl st in st at base of first ch-3—8 ch-3 sps. Fasten off A.
Round 3: Working behind the ch-3 sps of Round 2, join B with sl st in any unworked back loop of a Round 1 sc, [ch 3, sl st in back loop of next Round 1 sc] 7 times, ch 3; join with sl st in first ch-3 sp—8 ch-3 sps.
Round 4: Ch 2, (dc, tr, picot, tr, dc, hdc) in same ch-3 sp (same ch-3 sp as join of previous round), (hdc, dc, tr, picot, tr, dc, hdc) in each remaining ch-3 sp around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch-2—8 petals. Fasten off B.
Round 5: Working behind petals, join C with sl st into back (near bottom of st) of either center 2 tr of any petal, [ch 3, sl st into back (near bottom of st) of either center 2 tr of next petal] 7 times, ch 3; join with sl st in first ch-3 sp—8 ch-3 sps.
Round 6: Ch 2, (dc, 2 tr, picot, 2 tr, dc, hdc) in same ch-3 sp (same ch-3 sp as join of previous round), (hdc, dc, 2 tr, picot, 2 tr, dc, hdc) in each remaining ch-3 sp around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch-2—8 leaves. Fasten off C.
Round 7: Join A with sl st in picot of any leaf (of Round 6), ch 1, sc in same picot, ch 3, tr in picot of next petal (of Round 4), ch 3, sc in picot of next leaf, ch 3, dc in picot of next petal, ch 3, *sc in picot of next leaf, ch 3, tr in picot of next petal, ch 3, sc in picot of next leaf, ch 3, dc in picot of next petal; repeat from * around; join with sl st in first sc.
- Round 8: (Sl st, ch 2, 2 hdc) in first ch-3 sp, (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in next tr (corner made), 3 hdc in next ch-3 sp, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp, sc in next dc, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp, *3 hdc in next ch-3 sp, (2 dc, tr, 2 dc) in next tr (corner made), 3 hdc in next ch-3 sp, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp, sc in next dc, 3 sc in next ch-3 sp; repeat from * around; join with sl st in top of beginning ch-2. Fasten off A.
Arrange motifs, side by side, into a strip. Sew edges of motifs together.
Edging: Join B with sl st in center tr of any outer corner to work across long side edge, ch 1, (sc, ch 1, sc) in same tr, [ch 1, sk next st, sc in next st] across current motif working last sc in next corner tr, *ch 1, sc in corner tr of next motif, [ch 1, sk next st, sc in next st] across motif working last sc in next corner tr; repeat from * all the way around scarf, working (sc, ch 1, sc) in center tr of each outer corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off B.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Candlelit Dinner Cowl
- One Skein Plum Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Simple One Skein Wrap
- "16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, & Gloves" eBook
- 25 Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Chunky Crochet Mittens and Scarf
- Outlander Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Forever 21 Knockoff Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Resting Dragon Coloring Page
- Dragon Fire Coloring Page
- You Are Loved Coloring Page
- Dream It Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Doodles Coloring Page
- Hello Lovely Unicorn Coloring Page
- Color My Heart Happy Coloring Page
- With Kindness Coloring Page
- Follow Your Heart Coloring Page
- Power of Love Coloring Page