Using simply soft brites you can crochet this brightly colored squares throw. It's an easy crochet pattern from Caron International Yarns you can whip together in no time. This is a great throw to have when you're camping.
- Caron International's Simply Soft Brites
- (100% acrylic; 6 oz/170 g, approx 315 yds/288 m):
- #9607 Limelight (A), 2 skeins.
- #9605 Mango (B), 2 skeins,
- #9610 Grape (C), 3 skeins
- Caron International's Simply Soft (100% acrylic; 6 oz/170 g, approx 315 yds/288 m):
- #9727 Black (D), 3 skeins
- Crochet hook: One size US I/9 (5.5 mm), or size to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle (tn)
In Stitch pattern, 16 sts and 8 rows = 4"/10 cm Gauge is not critical for this project.
Chain (ch), Double crochet (dc), Single crochet (sc)
Stitch Pattern (multiple of 4 sts)
Row 1: Beginning in fourth ch from hook, dc in fourth ch (beg ch and dc count as first 2 dc), sc in next 2 ch, * dc in next 2 ch, sc in next 2 ch; repeat from * across, turn.
Row 2: Slip st in first sc, ch 3, dc in next sc(counts as first 2 dc), sc in next 2 dc, * dc in next 2 sc, sc in next 2 dc; repeat from * across, end dc in last 2 sc, sc in dc and in beg ch, turn.
Repeat Row 2 for St patt.
1. Throw is worked in separate pieces, (4 small sections, 2 large sections).
2. Edging is worked around each section in joined rows, then sections are joined with a row of sc.
3. Border is worked after pieces are assembled.
SMALL SECTIONS (Make 4; 2 using A and 2 using B)
Using appropriate color, chain 35. Work in St patt until piece measures 21" from beginning. Fasten off.
LARGE SECTIONS (Make 2)
Using C, chain 75. Work in St patt until piece measures 21" from beginning. Fasten off.
EDGING (All sections)
Row 1: Using D, beginning in a corner ready to work across the first of last row of section, * work 3 dc in corner st; working in St pattern (dc over sc and sc over dc) work across to corner; work 3 dc in corner; continuing in St patt, work 2 sts in each row along side edge to next corner; repeat from * once, end join with a slip st in first dc, turn.
Row 2: Ch 2, work in St patt (sc over dc and dc over sc) around, working 3 sc in center dc of each corner, join with a slip st in first st, turn.
Rows 3 and 4: Repeat Rows 1 and 2.
Assembly: Using D and working in sc, join pieces as follows:
Three Section Strips (Make 2): Join 1 A and 1 B section together at sides; join 1 C section to B section at sides.
Throw: Join Strips together, alternating colors sections as shown (see photo).
Border: Using D, join yarn with a slip st in any corner.
Row 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), work 2 dc in same space as joining (3 dc for corner), work in dc evenly around, working 3 dc at each corner,
join with a slip st in first st, turn.
Rows 2 – 4: Slip st to center st of corner; repeat Row 1, working 3 dc in center st of each corner.
Weave in all ends.