We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Emma Hardy is a stylist and designer who has worked on various lifestyle and interiors magazine, including Country Homes and Interiors and Marie Claire. Her previous books include Green Crafts for Children, Making Children’s Clothes, Quilting in No Time and Sewing in No Time, all published by CICO Books. Married with two daughters, Emma lives in south London.
Emma's Newest Book:
Sewing for Children: 35 Step-by-Step Projects to Help Kids Aged 3 and Up Learn to Sew
Available to purchase at CICO Books
Sewing is fun, simple and inexpensive, so why not share this great activity with your kids? These 35 projects are specifically designed to help children learn to sew. You’ll be guided through each project step-by-step, helping little ones learn and have fun at the same time.
First-timers will find a whole variety of intriguing projects, including an animal mask suitable for tiny tailors and a drawstring bag for older kids. And once the basics have been mastered, a whole new world of creativity will be unlocked. Sewing is also a great way to make use of scraps of fabric lying around the house – old t-shirts can be transformed into toys, felt into cupcakes, and the list goes on.
Five chapters are packed with great ideas to get kids crafting. Beginning with Animals and Other Creatures, start stitching puppets, rabbits and other felt animals right away, plus quirky sock monsters to delight and surprise. There are Fairies and Dolls to make, plus all the items needed to throw the perfect tea party for toys. Every child loves Fancy Dress – sew a pirate hat and eye patch or a pretty dress that any princess will love to wear. Fashion Fun provides projects for little darlings who love to strike a pose. Jazz up jeans with appliqué decorations or sew some sequins on to a favorite t-shirt to give it a touch of glamour. Finally, the Bags, Books and Bedroom Bits and Pieces section has totes, pencil cases, book covers and bean bags that can be made in just an afternoon.
Projects at FaveCrafts
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket
- Jumbo Easter Egg Kids Craft Idea
- Cuddly Bunny Easter Sewing Project
- Cuddle Up Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Polka Dot Spring Vase Craft
- Clover Sewing Prize Pack
- Little B
- Little B Embellishment Bundle
- Sprinrite Basket of Bulky Yarn
- Arch Columns Crochet Afghan Pattern