Remember Your Perfect Angel
By: Sue Stover for Jacquard Products
Remember your perfect angel with this homemade ornament idea from Jacquard Products that combines Christmas ornament crafting with personal photos.
- Jacquard Cotton Inkjet Sheets
- Jacquard Pearl Ex Stamp Pad (Gold)
- Jacquard Lumiere (Metallic Gold and Metallic Bronze)
- Various stamps
- Wings from craft store
- Beaded fringe and small plastic pearl strand
- Ostrich feather
- Silk Flower
- Stuffing material
- Gold thread
- Black felt tip pen
- Sewing needle and thread
- Hot glue gun
- Plan out the body and face on regular paper. Make sure you have the face in the place where you want it on the 8 1/2" x 11" sheet. Run your inkjet fabric sheet through your printer. Peel off the backing.
- Trace or draw your body shape onto the fabric. Cut out your angel leaving about 1/4" outside of your drawn lines. Cut another piece the same shape for the back. Use scrap fabric or another blank inkjet sheet.
- Stitch the edges of the angel leaving about 1 1/2" unstitched so that you can then stuff the ornament to give it a little dimension.
- Stamp the front and back of the dress and the wings using the Gold Stamp Pad. Add details like the halo, collar, and other painted bits using the Lumiere. Draw in details, if you like, with the black felt tip pen.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the ostrich feather and wings to the back, the beaded fringe at the bottom of the dress, and the pearls around the edges.
- Lightly brush the edges of the flower with some Lumiere for a bit of color. Attach by sewing it onto the body.
- Attach a gold thread to the top to hang.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!