Ice Skating Reindeer
By: Linda Peterson for AMACO
Have fun in the snow with this adorable holiday reindeer decoration from AMACO, made with polymer clay.
- FIMO® Soft Polymer clay — Caramel, Cherry Red, White, Black, Sahara
- AMACO® WireForm® Craft Wire — 22 gauge aluminum
- Small black beads without holes
- Crystal colored glitter
- 3" Circle Mirror
- Pasta Machine
- Craft Knife
- Flatten White FIMO® on the #5 setting on pasta machine. Place mirror in center and cut out around leaving 1/4" border. Roll additional White FIMO® into a log, 1/4" in diameter, and wrap around over edges of mirror. Trim white clay. Make indentations around border with thumb to create the look of snow. Sprinkle “snow” with glitter.
- Shape a 1" ball of caramel into a rounded triangle and press over neck. Press in eyes and shape. Add a small red ball for nose.
- Flatten red/white marble mix and cut a strip 1/2" wide. Wrap around top of head for a hat. Wrap a log around bottom of hat for brim. Add a 1/4" red ball at top.
- Apply tiny shavings of white onto hat and feet for snow. Sprinkle “snow” with glitter.
Tiny Christmas Tree:
- Flatten two 1/8" balls of green and shape into triangles. Layer one over top of the other. Flatten a tiny log of black for trunk of tree and press into front of reindeer. Apply tree triangles above and over top of trunk.
- Flatten two 3/8" balls of Sahara and shape into a teardrop. Make two indentations. Draw in stitch marks. Press wire into pointed end and trim. Apply tiny shavings of white on top of antlers for snow. Sprinkle “snow” with glitter. Bake antlers for 15 minutes at 265ºF. When cooled add to head.
- Bake entire figurine at 265ºF for 1 hour.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!