Create a fun and festive Christmas Tree banner from Jacquard Products that is sure to bring a joyous holiday spirit into your home. With only a few simple materials, a piece of fabric becomes a piece of art.
- Broad Teejuice Markers in green, yellow, black, and red
- muslin or white fabric for tree—approx. 12" x 14"
- freezer paper 12" x 14"
- muslin or other fabric for backing—18" x 20"
- letter stamps
- sewing machine with decorative thread
- bright print fabric strips for frame:
- (2) 3" x 12" & (2) 3" x 18"
- piece of quilt batting—18" x 20"
- gold bias binding tape if desired—approx. 2 1/2 yds.
- small Christmas tree decorations and poinsettias
- Fold freezer paper in half lengthwise and tear out a free-form Christmas tree shape. Open the stencil and iron it wax side down onto the muslin with a warm iron. Working from the stencil in, draw green branches unevenly filling in the tree pattern. Draw the trunk with the black TeeJuice Marker. Remove the stencil.
- Iron the center torn out tree pattern over the tree and trunk and draw yellow TeeJuice marks from the stencil outward. Remove the stencil.
- Express some red TeeJuice onto a pallet (You can use clean styrofoam meat trays) by squeezing and pressing the marker. Stamp balls on the tree using the letter "O" stamp. Use the letter stamps to imprint words of your choice around the perimeter of the tree.
- Sew the top and bottom frame fabric to your tree print, then the two sides. Create your "quilt sandwich" by layering your print, then the batting, then the backing and baste or pin together. Free-motion or standard quilt the sandwich, as desired.
- Apply the gold bias tape if you are using it, or turn a hem to the back and stitch to finish the edges. You may want to sew several loops of bias tape or ribbon with which to hang it.
- Arrange small decorations and beads (found in many craft stores) onto the tree until you like the effect. Use glue dots to attach the decorations.
- Be sure to sign you heirloom banner, as it is truly a work of art!
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Best Friends Banner Project
Cranberry Christmas Tree