Clear Christmas Card
By: Terri Sproul, www.terrisproul.com
Use transparency or clear vinyl as your base for a truly unique Christmas card. A large ornament in "Toile pink" hangs from a windy tree stamp in this Christmas card.
- Stamp: Lace Border, Christmas saying, both by Stampostique and “Windy Tree” by Hero Arts
- Transparency or clear Vinyl Cover (both can be found at Office supply store)
- Ink: Palette hybrid Inkpad “New Canvas”, India Ink, Palette Hybrid Inkpad “Toile Pink”, Palette Stamp & Stick GluePad (all by Stewart Superior)
- Foil: Red Variegated Leaf by Stewart Superior
- Cardstock: White glossy, light purple, silver
- Circle Punch – large – I used on from EK Success
- Paint Brush
- Embossing Gun
- Small square punch
- Trimmer and score blade or bone folder
- Make up sponge
- Cut Transparence sheet to 5 ½” x 8 ½” and score at 4 ¼”. This is your card base. You will get two cards from on sheet of transparence. Stamp “Windy Tree” using Palette “New Canvas” onto the front of your card – set aside to dry.
- Stamp Lace Stamp on White Glossy cardstock using Stamp & Stick Glue Pad. Heat with heat gun (embossing gun) until ink becomes sticky. Place Red Variegated Leaf over stamp image and lately brush off extra. (you can save the extra in a Tupperware bowl and use later). Using your Circle Punch upside down so you can see your stamped image, punch out circle shape – I got three circles out of each stamp.
- Ink up a make up sponge using Palette “Toile Pink” and color in the white area of the circle you just punched out.
- Punch Small Square out of silver cardstock. Adhere to top of circle to get the look of an ornament, add a small piece of wire.
- Adhere Ornament to front of card – hanging from the tree.
- Stamp “Christmas Saying” to bottom of Purple cardstock and adhere purple cardstock to inside of card base. Your saying should show through to front of card.