Top Down Sweaters
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Top Down Sweaters
By Ann Budd
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
Want to learn to knit your very own sweater? Take it from the top.
In Top Down Sweaters, author Ann Budd teaches knitters how to create beautiful sweaters that are literally worked from the top to the bottom. The great thing about this technique is that it allows you to try on the sweater in progress to check the fit. You’ll know if the key components—shoulder width, neck and armhole depths, and body circumference—are right before you invest time in knitting the lower body and sleeves. Top down sweaters also lend themselves beautifully to one-piece construction, my favorite!
Filled with 12 beautiful patterns arranged into 4 sweater types, Top-Down Sweaters is a great go-to guide for intermediate to advanced knitters. Each section contains basic instructions, size information, helpful advice on how to read a gauge, and easy ways to plan out all your measurements before starting on your project.
I couldn’t wait to jump right into Top-Down Sweaters. The Quince-Essential Fair Isle sweater has definitely made it on my list of projects to try, and I’m so thankful to Ann Budd for including such helpful information on determining the proper size and gauge.
I also loved the classic design of the Alpine Tweed sweater. This pattern is perfect for the holidays and would also make a great gift for my mom or sister. Looks like it’s time to get those knitting needles out of storage!
If you love knitting your own clothes and are looking for ways to simplify the process, take a look at the 12 beautiful sweater patterns in Top-Down Sweaters. With personal design touches, detailed charts, clear instructions, and quick tips for expanding kitting possibilities, this handy book will kick your knitting needles into overdrive!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Leisure Arts Plastic Canvas Collection
- Fun with Stitchables! Book Review
- Bouffants and Broken Hearts Adult Coloring Book Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- 10 Minute Blocks 2
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- The Big-Ass Book of Crafts 2
- Find It, Make It: Outdoor Green Crafts for Children
- Create with Transfer Artist Paper
- Mod Podge Rocks!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Laundry Soap Bar Beginner's Recipe
- Quick Minecraft Canvas Art
- Folding Chair Makeover
- Gorgeous Crochet Baby Bonnet
- Sweet Sophisticated Mary Janes
- Dancing Sheep Cup Cozy
- DIY Round Perpetual Calendar
- 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- 42 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
- W. Cushing & Co.