Origami Butterflies Book and Kit
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Origami Butterflies: Elegant Designs from a Master Folder and Origami Butterflies Mini Kit
By Michael LaFosse
Gifted by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Origami is an age-old crafting hobby that goes back several hundred years. Great for kids and adults of all ages, true origami is unique in that it only requires a few pieces of paper...no scissors or glue needed. Using what's called the "LaFosse Butterfly Folding System", author Michael LaFosse teaches you how to create 26 amazing butterfly designs in his book, Origami Butterflies. Each butterfly in this collection is folded from a simple square of paper...so you don't need any additional supplies to make these designs. My mixing and matching techniques, you will be able to create a wide variety of butterflies and moths that are great for turning into earrings, displays, cards, ornaments, mobiles, and so much more.
Each tutorial in Origami Butterflies comes with a full-color photograph as well as step-by-step illustrations on how to fold your paper. I found the directions very easy to follow and the colored illustrations really helped me understand how to fold and move the paper as I created my own butterfly.
If you still find that you're having trouble understanding how to create these amazing paper butterflies, just pop in the DVD's included with this book to see Michael LaFosse make the butterfly right in front of you. Every butterfly in the book is demonstrated on the DVD's, so there's no need to worry that your favorite butterfly won't be included.
For those who are looking for something slightly less intimidating, or are beginners to origami and the art of paper folding, there's the Origami Butterflies Mini Kit, also by Michael LaFosse. This kit includes 6 beautiful origami butterfly projects with easy-to-follow instructions, plus 24 colorful folding sheets and a companion DVD, showing you exactly how to fold your own butterflies. This kit is a great gift for an aspiring crafter and is the perfect introduction to the art of origami and paper folding.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Card Making with Cricut
- Creative Faces Adult Coloring Book Review
- Customize Your Knitting Review
- Opulent Bazaar Adult Coloring Book Review
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Cupcake Decorating Lab
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- The Hand-Stitched Flower Garden
- 2 Hour Crafting Treasures
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Marvy Uchida Color In Markers Review
- Balance Focus DIY Postcards
- Energizing Mandala Printables
- Washi Tape Coloring Sheet
- Healing Hearts Coloring Page
- Peacock Printable Coloring Page
- Merry Tree Adult Coloring Page
- Easy Christmas Paper Sock
- Pom Pom DIY Christmas Tree
- Merry Popsicle Stick Ornament