Origami Butterflies Book and Kit
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Origami Butterflies: Elegant Designs from a Master Folder and Origami Butterflies Mini Kit
By Michael LaFosse
Gifted by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Origami is an age-old crafting hobby that goes back several hundred years. Great for kids and adults of all ages, true origami is unique in that it only requires a few pieces of paper...no scissors or glue needed. Using what's called the "LaFosse Butterfly Folding System", author Michael LaFosse teaches you how to create 26 amazing butterfly designs in his book, Origami Butterflies. Each butterfly in this collection is folded from a simple square of paper...so you don't need any additional supplies to make these designs. My mixing and matching techniques, you will be able to create a wide variety of butterflies and moths that are great for turning into earrings, displays, cards, ornaments, mobiles, and so much more.
Each tutorial in Origami Butterflies comes with a full-color photograph as well as step-by-step illustrations on how to fold your paper. I found the directions very easy to follow and the colored illustrations really helped me understand how to fold and move the paper as I created my own butterfly.
If you still find that you're having trouble understanding how to create these amazing paper butterflies, just pop in the DVD's included with this book to see Michael LaFosse make the butterfly right in front of you. Every butterfly in the book is demonstrated on the DVD's, so there's no need to worry that your favorite butterfly won't be included.
For those who are looking for something slightly less intimidating, or are beginners to origami and the art of paper folding, there's the Origami Butterflies Mini Kit, also by Michael LaFosse. This kit includes 6 beautiful origami butterfly projects with easy-to-follow instructions, plus 24 colorful folding sheets and a companion DVD, showing you exactly how to fold your own butterflies. This kit is a great gift for an aspiring crafter and is the perfect introduction to the art of origami and paper folding.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Very Merry Coloring and Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments Books Review
- Card Making with Cricut
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Artful Collage from Found Objects
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Find It, Make It: Outdoor Green Crafts for Children
- Chain Maille Jewelry
- Beading In No Time
- Sew Kawaii!
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Summer Bookmark Coloring Pages
- Summer Lovin' Coloring Page
- Floral Web Coloring Page
- Candy Jar Coloring Page
- Motivational Mandala Coloring Pages
- Grateful and Blessed Coloring Page
- Cup of Tea Coloring Page
- Vintage Typewriter Coloring Page
- Stencil Ease Vintage Design DIY Side Table Video
- Valentine's Day Heart Box