Origami Butterflies Book and Kit
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Origami Butterflies: Elegant Designs from a Master Folder and Origami Butterflies Mini Kit
By Michael LaFosse
Gifted by Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
Origami is an age-old crafting hobby that goes back several hundred years. Great for kids and adults of all ages, true origami is unique in that it only requires a few pieces of paper...no scissors or glue needed. Using what's called the "LaFosse Butterfly Folding System", author Michael LaFosse teaches you how to create 26 amazing butterfly designs in his book, Origami Butterflies. Each butterfly in this collection is folded from a simple square of paper...so you don't need any additional supplies to make these designs. My mixing and matching techniques, you will be able to create a wide variety of butterflies and moths that are great for turning into earrings, displays, cards, ornaments, mobiles, and so much more.
Each tutorial in Origami Butterflies comes with a full-color photograph as well as step-by-step illustrations on how to fold your paper. I found the directions very easy to follow and the colored illustrations really helped me understand how to fold and move the paper as I created my own butterfly.
If you still find that you're having trouble understanding how to create these amazing paper butterflies, just pop in the DVD's included with this book to see Michael LaFosse make the butterfly right in front of you. Every butterfly in the book is demonstrated on the DVD's, so there's no need to worry that your favorite butterfly won't be included.
For those who are looking for something slightly less intimidating, or are beginners to origami and the art of paper folding, there's the Origami Butterflies Mini Kit, also by Michael LaFosse. This kit includes 6 beautiful origami butterfly projects with easy-to-follow instructions, plus 24 colorful folding sheets and a companion DVD, showing you exactly how to fold your own butterflies. This kit is a great gift for an aspiring crafter and is the perfect introduction to the art of origami and paper folding.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gorgeous Vintage Jewelry Ornament
- Mini Mollie Mini Mandalas
- Easy Wooden Farmhouse Sign
- Harvest Wreath
- Design Your Own Handmade Quilt Pattern
- Pine Cone Candle Wreath
- Turkey Welcome Wreath
- Twine and Berry Fall Wreath
- Printable Wedding Invitations
- Flowery DIY Wedding Name Cards