My First Craft Book
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
My First Craft Book
By Emma Hardy
Gifted by CICO Books
Book Review by Linda Augsburg
I wish My First Craft Book had been around when I was 7. I was a crafty kid who loved making things and I would have gotten so many great ideas from this book! Even as I paged through it to write this review, I thought "I want to try that!"
The 35-plus projects in this book range from cooking and nature crafts to costumes, sewing and more. I actually have favorites: The dried-flower fairies decorate cards that I believe kids that age could replicate just as beautifully (and I hope to, too!) And the fresh colors in the yo-yo fabric necklace make me smile as much as a 10-year-old would. While the projects in the book don't look like a child made them, they all seem like a child could create them and there are tips and illustrations along the way to help you and your kid succeed.
Another wonderful aspect of this book is that it teaches techniques in addition to just suggesting projects. You can introduce your little crafter to some time-tested crafts like papier-mache and egg-shell mosaics. You can share quality kitchen time while you make salt-dough ornaments and bread rolls shaped like animals.
I think you'll love making these projects with your kids or cheering them along as they create them on their own.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More