Fun with Chinese Knotting
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Chinese knotting, often referred to as Chinese macrame, is an old and revered art form in China and an intregral part of Chinese life. Since ancient times, the joining of two silk or cotton cords to form symmetrical patterns has been used for a variety of practical and decorative purposes. Today, breakthroughs in designs, materials, and applications have rejuvenated the art of Chinese knotting, and have attracted a large following worldwide.
Broken down into several knot types, including Basic Knots, Compound Knots, and Tassel Designs, Fun with Chinese Knotting breaks down Chinese knotting into the most basic steps and outlines them with color illustrations and photos. You can also see a variety of projects to make for each knot and get great ideas on how you can use these knots to create lovely accessories and home decor.
As I browsed through all the fun projects in this book, I found myself coming back to the Guitar Strings bracelet. Made with old strings from a guitar and love beads, this bracelet uses the simple Love Knot to create a simple design that looks professionally designed.
Creating Chinese knots my seem intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of the movement and illustrations of the thread, it's actually quite simple. This style of macrame is one that generations of crafters have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy for years to come. So challenge yourself and test your creativity with the awesome projects and tutorials in Fun with Chinese Knotting.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl
- DIY Tutorial Copper Cushion
- DIY Tutorial Tassel Lanyard
- Big Bang Adult Coloring Page
- Perfect Profile Adult Coloring Page
- Geometric Adult Coloring Page
- Big Eyed Owl Adult Coloring Page