Fun with Chinese Knotting
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Chinese knotting, often referred to as Chinese macrame, is an old and revered art form in China and an intregral part of Chinese life. Since ancient times, the joining of two silk or cotton cords to form symmetrical patterns has been used for a variety of practical and decorative purposes. Today, breakthroughs in designs, materials, and applications have rejuvenated the art of Chinese knotting, and have attracted a large following worldwide.
Broken down into several knot types, including Basic Knots, Compound Knots, and Tassel Designs, Fun with Chinese Knotting breaks down Chinese knotting into the most basic steps and outlines them with color illustrations and photos. You can also see a variety of projects to make for each knot and get great ideas on how you can use these knots to create lovely accessories and home decor.
As I browsed through all the fun projects in this book, I found myself coming back to the Guitar Strings bracelet. Made with old strings from a guitar and love beads, this bracelet uses the simple Love Knot to create a simple design that looks professionally designed.
Creating Chinese knots my seem intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of the movement and illustrations of the thread, it's actually quite simple. This style of macrame is one that generations of crafters have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy for years to come. So challenge yourself and test your creativity with the awesome projects and tutorials in Fun with Chinese Knotting.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Card Making with Cricut
- Very Merry Coloring and Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments Books Review
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- Altered Surfaces
- Zentangle Basics Book Review
- Joy of Zentangle
- Matboard Magic and Foamboard Magic
- A Priceless Wedding
- Complete Guide to Ribbon Crafts
- Creating Beaded and Wire Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page
- Robot Love Coloring Page
- Patchwork Heart Coloring Page
- Illuminated Hearts DIY Mason Jar Light
- Valentine Teddy Bear Coloring Page
- Bubbly Hearts Coloring Page