Fun with Chinese Knotting
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Chinese knotting, often referred to as Chinese macrame, is an old and revered art form in China and an intregral part of Chinese life. Since ancient times, the joining of two silk or cotton cords to form symmetrical patterns has been used for a variety of practical and decorative purposes. Today, breakthroughs in designs, materials, and applications have rejuvenated the art of Chinese knotting, and have attracted a large following worldwide.
Broken down into several knot types, including Basic Knots, Compound Knots, and Tassel Designs, Fun with Chinese Knotting breaks down Chinese knotting into the most basic steps and outlines them with color illustrations and photos. You can also see a variety of projects to make for each knot and get great ideas on how you can use these knots to create lovely accessories and home decor.
As I browsed through all the fun projects in this book, I found myself coming back to the Guitar Strings bracelet. Made with old strings from a guitar and love beads, this bracelet uses the simple Love Knot to create a simple design that looks professionally designed.
Creating Chinese knots my seem intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of the movement and illustrations of the thread, it's actually quite simple. This style of macrame is one that generations of crafters have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy for years to come. So challenge yourself and test your creativity with the awesome projects and tutorials in Fun with Chinese Knotting.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket
- Jumbo Easter Egg Kids Craft Idea
- Cuddly Bunny Easter Sewing Project
- Cuddle Up Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Polka Dot Spring Vase Craft