You'll always have that special card on hand with a painted, cupcake birthday card.
DecoArt Products Required
Laurie Speltz's Instant Images
- IIT01 - 3/4 in. Flat Brush
- IIP06 - Celebration Pocket Template
- IIT06 - 3/8 in. Duo Tool
- IIT07 - 1/4 in. Duo Tool
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO31 - Baby Pink
- DAO34 - Lavender
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA163 - Honey Brown
- DA184 - French Vanilla
- DA255 - Bahama Blue
- DA274 - Carousel Pink --- NEW!!
- DA276 - Razzle Berry --- NEW!!
- Scrapbook papers
- White cardstock
- Chipboard shapes
- Small brad embellishments
- Permanent ink pen
- Greeting card or cardstock
- Cut cardstock to create card or use ready-made one. Adhere large square of scrapbook paper to front of card.
- Pounce little color around edge of white cardstock square to match scrapbook paper.
- Base chipboard shape with Baby Pink and shade edge with Carousel Pink.
- Cupcake top is based with Snow White and shaded with Baby Pink. Add dots with Razzle Berry and Bahama Blue.
- Cupcake bottom is based with French Vanilla and shaded with Honey Brown. Lines are added with Honey Brown.
- Add dots around circle with Snow White.
- Lettering is based with Razzle Berry. Let dry.
- Pounce bottom of letters again with Lavender.
- Use permanent ink pen to add detail and doodles.
- Add ribbons.
- Assemble pieces of square. Put brads through squares on corners. Adhere combined shapes to card.
- Refer to template and tool packages for additional information on template and tool usage and techniques.
- Make fun cards or gift enclosures by adding special shapes to favorite colored papers. Personalize and adapt them to fit any color combination.