11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School free eBook
By: Julia Litz, editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Parents love it and kids love to hate it. School can be a divisive topic, but at the end of the day, everyone has to go. Crafts for school may get a bad rap, but they certainly don't have to! There are plenty of back to school activities that kids can make. In fact, kids just might enjoy these crafts! Back to school season can cause anxiety for some, so help create a seamless transition with these fun school crafts for kids.
Teachers can get in on the act, too. Projects like Back to School Pencil Earrings (p. 25) are perfect for excited instructors who want to share his or her love of learning. You can also use the projects in 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School to decorate a classroom. Students will love the Back to School Birdhouse craft (p. 16) and won't believe it was created by a teacher!
Get excited for the school year and start planning some school crafts for kids to make over the summer. These crafts for school show that learning doesn't have to be boring; in fact, it can be pretty darn fun! Round up some inexpensive materials and start thinking creatively - these projects are a perfect post-camp or summer school activity. The more you foster a positive attitude about school through creative play and crafting, the more likely a child will enjoy their academic experience.
The start of the school year can be tough for parents. School supplies are often expensive and don't always last long. Instead of heading to a big-box supplier and spending a fortune, have kids create their own personalized school supplies. Instead of spending money on a plain stretchy book cover, create your own Colorful Fabric Book Cover (p. 7) using old bandanas or scrap fabric. You can keep it simple or add a colorful pocket for pencils - it's completely up to you. Be sure to have kids customize each cover so they don't mix up their books. This is a great excuse to use up old fabrics or dispose of items you no longer need (but aren't prepared to throw away). No need to take a trip to the craft store! Instead, use scrap fabric - it's always a fun option.
Kids can also create magnets to display their work on the fridge and an adorable pencil topper. Moms and dads can help kids make a picture frame covered in pencils. On the first day of school, be sure to grab your little student and take a picture - you'll want to remember this day for many years to come. Display the image in this DIY frame - crafts for school have never been this adorable.
Don't Miss Our Other eBooks!
Be sure to check out our entire collection of eBooks. You'll find titles such as:
Teachers are often caught in a tough position - they have to get kids excited for school after a summer of fun in the sun. Help ease the transition with a few exciting back to school activities that can take place in the classroom or at home. In addition to fun earrings and cool decor, there are plenty of crafts for school that teachers will love to make. While school crafts for kids are often most visible, crafts for teachers can be just as fun and creative. Select a few craft ideas for back to school and convey some excitement - it's seriously contagious!
A Scraptastic Notebook (p. 29) is perfect for anyone who needs to write something down in the middle of the day. Nothing is worse than knowing you have to do something but not being able to recall what it is. Don't let this happen to you! Use fabric scraps to create personalized back to school crafts that you won't misplace. Crafts for school should be fun and vibrant - it's the best way to create a fun yet educational environment.
There is never a bad time to start thinking about crafts for school. Just because summer is in full swing doesn't mean you shouldn't be planning and crafting for the upcoming school year. You don't have to make those back to school projects complicated or explicitly educational, either. Pick a few back to school crafts that will appeal to kids of all ages and help them get excited to learn in the upcoming year. To cut down on stress and miscommunication once the school year begins; create a few crafts that will help everyone in the family stay organized. Use a homemade Denim Back to School Chalkboard (p. 31) to keep track of assignments and after-school activities. The more you like the piece, the more you'll enjoy using it. Plus, you can use old denim scraps for this project - it's an easy way to save on fabric and upcycle items you no longer wear.
Back to School activities shouldn't induce dread or frustration in the mind of a young learner. Instead, use a wide variety of easy-to-find materials to create unique and unexpected craft projects. A good example of this is a School Bead Necklace (p. 32), which is a fun project for young kids. They'll love wearing their creation to school and showing it off to their teacher! Best of all, this project is appropriate for elementary school children because it's so simple to make.
As you can see, there are plenty of fun crafts for school. Stress and anxiety shouldn't be on the menu when the school year rolls back around. Instead, take some time over the summer to work on some activities for back to school. These back to school craft ideas will help your child ease back into a schedule and get excited to learn. Plus, these crafts for school will help kids remain engaged during those long summer days. Summer shouldn't be a time when kids sit in front or a computer or screen! Instead, foster creativity and engage them with age-appropriate back to school activities and craft projects.
Teachers can also make a ton of fun crafts for school using a wide variety of materials. School should be a fun and safe place, so it's important for teachers to create a calming environment. Craft ideas for back to school can help a teacher prepare his or her classroom and foster a relaxing learning environment. With these craft ideas for back to school, kids will be excited to head back to the classroom and will be counting down the minutes until the bus arrives on the first day.
With your free copy of 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School, you can also subscribe to our Quick and Crafty newsletter to become part of the FaveCrafts community. In subscribing to the newsletter, you will receive:
- Five weekly emails with free crafting patterns, tips, collection pages, videos and more + a weekly wrap-up.
- Chances to win books and products from our weekly giveaways and contests.
- New FREE patterns and eBooks made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free pattern library full of over 1,000 of free crafting patterns.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the crafting community.
Filled with lots of fun craft ideas, 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School is a great go-to guide for back to school activities. Kids will love creating their own back to school projects and using them all year long. Plus, these projects will help them get excited for the school year. Try these activities for back to school and reap the rewards. Educational activities don't have to be boring - these back to school crafts are both fun and engaging. Find out how to make your own school supplies, classroom decor pieces and even school-themed jewelry. Crafts for school help everyone (not just students) get excited for the school year while remaining engaged during the long summer months.
Learn more about our eBook, 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques