Prime Publishing Helps Celebrate I Love Yarn Day
The yarn community of Prime Publishing Yarn shows off their love for yarn and joins the official I Love Yarn Day celebrations.
October 11, 2013 - Northbrook, Illinois - Prime Publishing is excited to help celebrate this year’s I Love Yarn Day (ILYD). The celebrations showing off our love for yarn started on Sunday, October 6th. For an entire week, our yarn blog Stitch & Unwind is participating in the national event by posting brand new knitting and crochet patterns each day. There is also a chance to enter the “Show Us Your Stash” contest for an opportunity to win a massive prize pack full of goodies including free yarn, crochet and knit books, crochet thread, and more. Our yarn sites (AllFreeCrochet, AllFreeKnitting, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns, and FaveCrafts) are celebrating through daily Facebook giveaways and social media promotions, including an ILYD 2013 Pinterest board.
ILYD is now in its third year, and keeps getting bigger and better every year. It originally started as a viral campaign to simply show one’s love of yarn. It takes place on the second Friday in October, and it has become a huge success in the past few years thanks to the continued support of the Craft Yarn Council and the campaign’s ever-growing social media presence. In 2012, the ILYD Facebook fan page went from 2,550 to 10,560 "likes" and ILYD became a trending topic on Twitter. Currently, the ILYD Facebook page has more than 17,000 likes on Facebook and the numbers continue to grow.
Check out the celebrations on the Stitch & Unwind blog right here. Plus, there’s plenty of time to enter the “Show Us Your Stash” giveaway. The contest ends October 12, 2013. Be sure to also “LIKE” the I Love Yarn Day Facebook page, too!
Jeanette Benoit, Editor
About Prime Publishing:
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, they are an Internet Media Company that operates web sites, eMagazines, and communities focused on the niche areas of crafting and cooking. A full list of web properties, free newsletters and free eBooks can be found at www.primecp.com.
- Knit Cotton Washcloth with Crochet Edge
- 100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques
- Half Hour Jumbo Tote
- 30+ Mini Handmade Craft Ideas
- Candy Corn Hot Pad
- Fat Quarter Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Simple Photo Handmade Cards
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Pop Goes the Weasel Afghan
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Preparing Your DIY Quilt for Quilting
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff