Prime Publishing Helps Celebrate I Love Yarn Day
The yarn community of Prime Publishing Yarn shows off their love for yarn and joins the official I Love Yarn Day celebrations.
October 11, 2013 - Northbrook, Illinois - Prime Publishing is excited to help celebrate this year’s I Love Yarn Day (ILYD). The celebrations showing off our love for yarn started on Sunday, October 6th. For an entire week, our yarn blog Stitch & Unwind is participating in the national event by posting brand new knitting and crochet patterns each day. There is also a chance to enter the “Show Us Your Stash” contest for an opportunity to win a massive prize pack full of goodies including free yarn, crochet and knit books, crochet thread, and more. Our yarn sites (AllFreeCrochet, AllFreeKnitting, AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns, and FaveCrafts) are celebrating through daily Facebook giveaways and social media promotions, including an ILYD 2013 Pinterest board.
ILYD is now in its third year, and keeps getting bigger and better every year. It originally started as a viral campaign to simply show one’s love of yarn. It takes place on the second Friday in October, and it has become a huge success in the past few years thanks to the continued support of the Craft Yarn Council and the campaign’s ever-growing social media presence. In 2012, the ILYD Facebook fan page went from 2,550 to 10,560 "likes" and ILYD became a trending topic on Twitter. Currently, the ILYD Facebook page has more than 17,000 likes on Facebook and the numbers continue to grow.
Check out the celebrations on the Stitch & Unwind blog right here. Plus, there’s plenty of time to enter the “Show Us Your Stash” giveaway. The contest ends October 12, 2013. Be sure to also “LIKE” the I Love Yarn Day Facebook page, too!
Jeanette Benoit, Editor
About Prime Publishing:
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, they are an Internet Media Company that operates web sites, eMagazines, and communities focused on the niche areas of crafting and cooking. A full list of web properties, free newsletters and free eBooks can be found at www.primecp.com.
- 100+ Tie Dye Techniques and Patterns
- Crocheted Ruffle Purse
- Soda Bottle Chandelier Plastic Bottle Craft
- Simple Crochet Sun Hat
- Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- Back To School Homemade Tote Bag
- 48 Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- 36 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 27 Things to Do With Old Wine Bottles
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life
- 12 Easy Knitting Patterns For Baby Clothes
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Braided Knit Headband Pattern
- Simple Rainbow Headband Knitting Pattern
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties