Hot Celebrity Costumes: Make your Own
October 9, 2009—Northbrook, IL— Halloween is so popular it’s the one time for all to dress up differently than they ever would on any given day. Halloween is the one excuse for girls to dress in something scandalous, while boys dress up in something gory. This year celebrities have been expected to be the hottest costume, especially the deceased.
Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, Farrah Fawcett, the lovely angel and Heath Ledger, a joker, are all in the running for the hottest costumes this year, along with the ever-so popular Elvis and Marilyn Monroe. Some of the unexpected hottest costumes this year is Kate Gosselin and some of the characters from the movie Twilight. What people don’t realize is that in order to have the greatest Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, or Twilight costume, you need to spend the big bucks in order to make it look authentic. Money shouldn’t have to play a factor in your fun day of being someone else; try making your own.
According to the National Retail Federation’s 2009 Halloween Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey, total Halloween spending is estimated to fall 18% to $4.75 billion, down from $5.77 billion last year. If you can make your own homemade Halloween costume and make it look just as authentic as a store-bought costume why wouldn’t you?
Making your own costume not only helps you save money, but it also gives you the chance to get creative. If you buy a costume, there might be some aspect about it that you don’t like, but if you make your own it can be original and you can get exactly what you want. In creating your own costume you can also have a chance to spend time with your kids. Help them make their costumes and have some fun with it. Some of the more popular children’s costumes this year are expected to be princesses, witches, Spiderman and pirates.
Tracy Mullin, president and CEO of the National Retail Federation said the average consumer plans to spend $56.31 on Halloween merchandise this year, down from $66.54 in 2008.
Get creative, make your own costume and save money. Saving money has become something trendy this year, so let’s see what trendy costumes you can come up with. FaveCrafts.com has come up with a How to Halloween eBook chock full of decorating ideas and homemade costumes from our bloggers.
Go to http://www.favecrafts.com/Halloween-Crafts/How-To-Halloween-Projects-from-Bloggers to download the free How to Halloween eBook from FaveCrafts.com.
Christine Doheny, Editor
FaveCrafts.com is an exciting resource for all things craft - from expert tips to project ideas for every style and skill level. We also publish Quick & Crafty, a free e-mail newsletter, publish crafting eBooks, and create crafting related product promotions, contests and giveaways.
Prime Publishing LLC was established in 1995 as a traditional niche book publishing company. Today, we are an Internet Media Company that operates web site communities and e-mail newsletters in niche areas such as crafting and cooking.
- 39 Patterns for Pet Clothing and More Pet Crafts
- Reusable Crochet Scrubbies
- 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
- Inverse Applique Pumpkin Coasters
- 100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques
- DIY Halloween Wreath
- Crochet Small Cute Purse
- Autumn Fiesta Carnivale Mandala
- Upcycled Cereal Box Woven Basket
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 22 DIY Beaded Ornaments
- Gorgeous Vintage Jewelry Ornament
- Mini Mollie Mini Mandalas
- Easy Wooden Farmhouse Sign
- Harvest Wreath
- Design Your Own Handmade Quilt Pattern
- Pine Cone Candle Wreath
- Turkey Welcome Wreath
- Twine and Berry Fall Wreath
- Printable Wedding Invitations