This family-owned thread company has been producing craft and needlework threads - primarily metallic and silk threads - in their West Virginia factory since 1971.
Table of Contents
Kreinik is a family-owned business that started in Jerry and Estelle Kreinik's home in the early 1970s. Estelle was a needleworker, who basically wanted access to more interesting threads. So they started researching, buying, then making them. Today Kreinik is owned by Jerry and Estelle’s son, Douglas. The company makes a variety of silk and metallic threads for hand and machine embroidery, for needleworkers, crafters, scrapbookers, quilters, fiber artists, fly fishermen—even international fashion houses—to express their creative selves. The manufacturing facility in Parkersburg, West Virginia is always buzzing with the production of braids, ribbons, filaments, and cords. At any given moment, shelves are stocked with cones of fibers so colorful it feels like you’ve stepped over the rainbow.
Over the 30 years that Kreinik has been in business, the company has stayed involved with charities in the community, and with people and companies in the crafts and creative industries. Kreinik staff has served on many industry boards, taught hundreds of classes, appeared on numerous television shows, and spun thousands of spools of thread. A creative staff of production, customer service, sales and design experts are on hand to help customers all over the world. Kreinik believes that stitchers, crafters, and professional artists want interesting threads that are made well so that they are easy to use, and come in a variety of colors and textures to bring projects to life.
Kreinik offers 200 colors of metallic threads in Kreinik Blending Filament, 6 sizes (widths) of Braids, two sizes of Ribbons, numerous couching threads (thicker threads), and also fusible (iron-on) metallic threads. Colors include pastels, jewel tones, metal shades, glow-in-the-dark, holographic, vintage, and corded colors. These threads are used in cross stitch, needlepoint, crazy quilting, quilting, tatting, fly fishing, crafts, card making, jewelry making, bead crochet, bead knitting, punchneedle, felting, wearable art, blackwork, Hardanger, surface embroidery, sewing embellishments and more. They are hand and machine washable and dry cleanable.
The Kreinik silk thread line includes three kinds of 100% pure silk threads: Silk Mori, Silk Serica, and Silk Bella, in 200 colors. Use silk thread for crazy quilting, cross stitch, needlepoint, Hardanger, bead crochet, bead knitting, jewelry making, punchneedle, and other hand embroidery techniques. Silk Bella is beautiful in machine embroidery for heirloom projects and wedding gowns.
Kreinik also sells needlework tools and embellishments like Treasure Tape, Diamond Beadlets, Tokens & Trifles sewing cards, 3/8” Trim, needles, scissors, the Custom Corder, plus needlework kits.
Kreinik threads are available in needlework, quilting, and craft stores. An international and USA store locator can be found at http://www.kreinik.com/locator.
http://www.kreinik.com contains an education section, link to shopping, store locator, free newsletter, freebie section with project ideas, and thread color charts.
Kreinik Mfg. Co., Inc.
PO Box 1966, Parkersburg WV 26102 USA
Consumer Info: 1-800-537-2166 or 304-422-8900
Web site: www.kreinik.com
Creative Director, Magazine and Designer Contact
Kreinik Mfg. Co., Inc.
Phone: 1-800-354-4255 or 304-728-7889
Address: PO Box 219, Halltown WV 25423 USA
We make thread! Visit http://www.kreinik.com for more info.
- 100+ Tie Dye Patterns and Techniques
- Bullseye Tie Dye Technique
- 22 Summer Crochet Patterns
- 101+ Free Beading Patterns
- Ocean Front Shawl
- Royal Pineapple Crochet Shawl
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Summer Crochet Wrap Pattern
- Fabric Scraps Tote Bag
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make a Spring Wreath
- Customize Your Knitting Review
- Potted Faux Flower Craft
- How to Make Wedding Invitations and Programs
- Felt Flower Corsage Craft
- Donald Duck Inspired Shirt
- Stars and Stripes Solar Table Lamps
- Elegant Simplicity Crochet Necklace
- Quilted Book Bag Pattern
- Flower Brooch T-Shirt Craft